Ati powercone 250i, what's wrong w them?

Reefpharmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HumanMachine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME. When you buy a skimmer, the concept of foam fractionation is rather simple and very old. Again, when you buy a skimmer, you're buying the line's pump quality, sound dampening, and durability, and warranty. Understand that salt water is a really harsh form of water that tends to wear things like seams and plastic welds and that when you purchase a high quality skimmer, you purchase whatever comes with that package. Build quality, longevity, strength, etc. The design of each skimmer is questionably more efficient than the next and matters little in terms of overall performance as long as you get something that can keep up with the demands of your system.

From the short amount of research and some of the proposals at MACNA, I don't see a problem with this skimmer. With an unfamiliar pump, that might be a problem getting warranty/replacement. Impellers have a tendency to be all over the place with their universality. I would suggest calling the manufacturer and getting some answers from them as well. It can't hurt.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATI skimmer. IT had an old style pump which failed and they replaced that pump with their new style DC pump. It is an awesome skimmer, ATI has good customer service, and it costs a lot less than comparable options.

The gridwheel is a dream. It stays clean, produces AMAZING amounts of tiny bubbles, air draw is far above any other skimmer that I have seen.

Honestly, I have no idea why more people do not use these. For the price of a vertex you get 2x the skimmer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back