Orphek Azurelite 5 Watt Blue LED Flashlight - Anybody try It? - How Good or Bad is It?

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about getting the Orphek Azurelite 5 Watt Blue LED Flashlight.

Has anybody tried this product yet?

If so, How Good or Bad is It?

If you are unfamiliar with it it is a Blue Flashlight that you can take to Frag Swaps or LFS's to see the Coral under Blue LED.

Here is the Link.

Azurelite LED Flashlight ? LED Aquarium Lighting ? Orphek

It seems to retail for $44.99

I know there are Cheaper Blue LED Flashlights on the Market but if this is the Best one out there then I will get this one.

Let me know.

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about getting the Orphek Azurelite 5 Watt Blue LED Flashlight.

Has anybody tried this product yet?

If so, How Good or Bad is It?

If you are unfamiliar with it it is a Blue Flashlight that you can take to Frag Swaps or LFS's to see the Coral under Blue LED.

Here is the Link.

Azurelite LED Flashlight ? LED Aquarium Lighting ? Orphek

It seems to retail for $44.99

I know there are Cheaper Blue LED Flashlights on the Market but if this is the Best one out there then I will get this one.

Let me know.
I ordered mine. it ships out monday, so i should be getting it sometime next week. il keep you updated. I love the orphek line up of products ,im using their Led fixture, and love it. im pretty sure this little flashlight is gonna be just as great, but il you know how it goes.

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why it is so expensive :). It is neat, but I can think of 100 other things to drop $50 on. I mean no offense but its like they took a $5 LED flash light, swapped out the bulbs for blues and then put a $50 price tag on it. Unless I am missing something that is what it seems to me :) Please tell me if I am wrong.

By searching blue LED flashlight in google it brings up 100's of flash lights for $4-15 that I believe will look exactly the same or close :)

There is a pen LED a reefer uses at our swaps. It seems more practical cause he can slide it into his front pocket easiily.

Last edited:

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why it is so expensive :). It is neat, but I can think of 100 other things to drop $50 on. I mean no offense but its like they took a $5 LED flash light, swapped out the bulbs for blues and then put a $50 price tag on it. Unless I am missing something that is what it seems to me :) Please tell me if I am wrong.

By searching blue LED flashlight in google it brings up 100's of flash lights for $4-15 that I believe will look exactly the same or close :)

There is a pen LED a reefer uses at our swaps. It seems more practical cause he can slide it into his front pocket easiily.

This is not just a regular blue flashlight, This azurelight has a bunch of features and modes that it can do. It is dimmable, it has multiple modes depending on your situation. It has a photography mode, coral inspection mode, and target feeding mode. Photography mode will bring out all the colors out of your colors, to an amazing, unbeatable glow. Coral inspection is good for going to frag swaps or just inspecting your corals health at home, such as recession, damaged tissue, any kind of diseases or flatworms and stuff like that. and target feeding mode is good for target feeding at night. It is equipped with orpheks amazing convex optic for maximum luminance and maximum focusing beam. I was over a local reefers house the other day to trade some frags and he brought out the azurelight to inspect my frags and i was just blown away by it. He brought out his "regular blue flashlight" so i can see the difference with using the orphek azurelight and there was no comparison. He had the gen 1 light so i cant imagine the gen 2 orphek has now. on top of this awsome performance , you can tell its such a high quality piece, well made and long lasting. Next morning i placed the order with orpehk. i should be getting it this week. il let you know, and post some pics

OP
OP
that Reef Guy

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to buy one of these when I noticed that there was a Second Generation Version that was Released at MACNA 2013.

So I do not want to buy one of these in case a New One is coming out at the MACNA 2014 which is going on Now.

If anyone is there at MACNA in Denver can you please please ask Orphek if a New One of these was Released or will be Released Soon?

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not a third generation of this light yet. Currently the light is available in Gen 2 and can be identified by the fact that it's silver.

OP
OP
that Reef Guy

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not a third generation of this light yet. Currently the light is available in Gen 2 and can be identified by the fact that it's silver.

What is the difference between the first and second generation lights?

What does the second generation have that the first generation does not have?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back