Nopox help

a10tankbusta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone im currently using red sea nopox , im onto week 5 and im having problems getting my phosphates below 0.07 , nitrate is currently 1 ppm but phospahtes wont drop any lower? Can you guys advise me on the best course of action? Thanks

OP
OP
a10tankbusta

a10tankbusta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have half a bottle of atm agent green lathium chloride , would it be ok to dose this with nopox ?

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a 100% positive but I would guess that it would be ok. Just use very little of the Lanthanum Chloride, not sure how large of a tank you got but on my 125 it takes 3ml to drop po4 .1ppm

mark2560

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use aquacare phosphate remove, theres a app for it so you can calculate the correct dosage for your size off tank, ive got a 350 gal tank n started treating it.it took 2 weeks and the phosphate are down to zero, better than the LFS.

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use any type of lathium chloride with the nopox. I've been using both of these products together for a couple of years now. Just make sure after dosing the lathium chloride, change your filters and clean out your protein skimmer around 24hr after dosing. It will make your tank a bit cloudy but I do it at night so you don't see it.

dh350twin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use any type of lathium chloride with the nopox. I've been using both of these products together for a couple of years now. Just make sure after dosing the lathium chloride, change your filters and clean out your protein skimmer around 24hr after dosing. It will make your tank a bit cloudy but I do it at night so you don't see it.

What is the point in dosing both? I dose no pox now just trying to understand what benefit of dosing both regularly? Thank you

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only dose the phosphate-E when needed. I dose nopox regularly for NO3. Although the nopox will claim that it controls phosphates, it really doesn't touch them. At least I have noticed it and been using it for a couple years now.

dh350twin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only dose the phosphate-E when needed. I dose nopox regularly for NO3. Although the nopox will claim that it controls phosphates, it really doesn't touch them. At least I have noticed it and been using it for a couple years now.

What brand phos remover do you use?

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1409524491.108722.jpg

Works like a charm!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back