Votes: 11 11.7%

• Total voters

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setup are you using and why? I have had one for awhile, picked up a second MP40, have them setup in Tidal Swell sync right now.

cpt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on the type of water movement your looking for, small wave like metronome currents are an awesome astatic which can be achieved by synced and non synced cycles

I've got 2 MP10s, ones running full power short range sort pulse mode and the other at full power mid/short range long pulse mode and it maintains about 2"+ wave oscillations constant in a 55 gal with 50 gallons of water running. it seems all inhabitance are enjoying the current cycles, took me a while to sort out something that I liked and worked out well with what I have, a sort of minimalist rock-scape bare bottom

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd vote sync but it's more based on my own experience than any well-thought out reasoning...it's just what I thought I should do.

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location of pumps play a major role. Short tanks I would sync, larger anti-sync.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 72X24. Two MP40's, one on each end and 2 MP10's on back wall. Right MP40 and left MP10 are synced, Left MP 40 and right MP10 are anti sync

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are these pumps actually worth the money? $600+ for a single mp40?????

They're definitely the Cadillac of circulation pumps. There are good options with comparable features for less money...but these are definitely the best in the game (at least that's the general consensus).

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you paying 600+? Most places are 475 or cheaper that I've seen.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these pumps actually worth the money? $600+ for a single mp40?????

Most ppl are smart enough to not pay that for an mp40 which usually retails for around 465.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to jinx it, but it seems lately that saying the word "Vortech" on here draws out the haters. My two MP40's are currently set to NTM, anti-sync, at about 75%. On occasion it creates a bit of a standing wave I don't trust, but, it does move particulate out. One thing I like about the Vortechs is all the programmable options.

Bernardhny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to improve 2 things on my tank. Better lighting and better flow. I need a second job for either!

dvskin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best investment I made for the tank yet.. I have two MP40's, controlled by Apex. I go with antisync, and change from reef crest, to lagoon throughout the day/light cycle. I have to run them at 20% or less though, tank's an 80 rimless from DeepBlue, 16" tall. EDIT I run at that power lvl because I would kick up sand if i didnt.

Last edited:

kgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best investment I made for the tank yet.. I have two MP40's, controlled by Apex. I go with antisync, and change from reef crest, to lagoon throughout the day/light cycle. I have to run them at 20% or less though, tank's an 80 rimless from DeepBlue, 16" tall. EDIT I run at that power lvl because I would kick up sand if i didnt.

I have dual MP40's controlled by Apex on a standard 120 that is barebottom.
I run them in antisync in different modes throughout the day, but they are loud when ramping up & down at a high power level. I may slow them down just for that reason.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends

i am currently running two MP40wes via the Reeflink and use both Sync and Anti sync during the day... Depends on the time of day and the pattern I am after. They both run for several hours on constant over night to let the fish rest... Just after lights up one of the uníts goes into Nutrient Export mode and the other Long Pulse... Around midday they both switch to Reef Crest... Just before feeding they both switch to constant with a short window of Nutirent Export again before a slow speed constant for the night again...

With the Reeflink and Radions linked so pretty good patterns of wave and light can be set up.

Back