Stocking110g mixed reef + 50g sump

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers, just wanted to get your opinion on stocking my 110g long 60"x25"x18"wide. I'm going to be running a 215 gallon skim rate, between two skimmers, one in the start of the sump one near the end. That way whatever the first skimmer misses my last one will make up for. I plan to stock this tank a little heavily, and can increase the skim rate by another 50 if needed. Mixed sand, with some shallow some medium-deep areas. 165 pounds LR

It's going to be a community tank, and I'm still deciding between a few fish.

3 blue reef chromis
1 pearly jawfish
1 or 2 bluestar leopard wrasses
1 Ocellaris, 1 Snowflake paired
Maybe 1 Midas blenny
1 firefish

1 Sailfin tang, maybe desjardi ( yes I know, ill upgrade to a 180 as soon as he gets larger ) OR a copperband butterfly. I love them both.

Maybe 1-3 bangaii cardinals
1 clown goby
1 small sand sifting goby

I'm willing to cut down on some fish if needed. I really don't mind breaking the rules a bit, so long as my fish are happy. Let me know what you think :D tank's going to be lit by multiple t5's and an LED bar.
I plan on keeping a bubble tip, and a few finicky SPS as well. Tank will be circulated by two MP40's. Somewhat large clean up crew.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might take out the chromis - 3 will eventually become one and usually a nasty one at that.....taking those three out of the mix, you should be good with the others. Leopards can be a little more difficult to keep - you need a cover for sure and pods for them to eat.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought green chromis were peaceful ??! Wow. And I've got everything the leopard needs, it will also be one of the last fish in the tank besides the tang.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about anthias ? Think I can add a trio ? Easy non-aggressive ones of course. I really love schooling fish.
if I got the anthias I wouldn't add the Midas blenny of the bangaii cardinals. Blenny has the Color, the cardinals school.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back