Dumb question of the day

Bernardhny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe to take some chaeto from the fuge and throw it in the display to feed some tangs?

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do that if you want. What some reefers do is buy Nori sheets from Asian food marts and feed their tangs that way.

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i give mine some ; Wakame, Kombu,Arame, the regular red and green Julian Sprung's , some kelp that my sailfin blenny and other snails tenderises a bit , it last for a week and then the tang can nibble at it. I also grow macro's so what ever i trim i give them that, I have 27 different species and play with that. some they don't touch. You can get these dried algaes at Korean or health food stores. Look for natural stuff no additives, or transformation at all. Its also cheaper than most LFS ( local fish stores) Ask for the nori they keep them usually together.

Photo100.jpg

Photo099.jpg

Photo101.jpg

They love that too

new-era-marine-grazer1002.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea but that cost money bro. Chaeto doesn't, well if its coming from your sump it doesn't. :wink:

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back