T5/LED Combo Help

h2pvnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i heard T5 can provide best coverage on coral better than LED and LED can help with grow. I have H52 and is there a fixtures out there that has T5/LED combo

Omega0397

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacific Sun makes combo fixtures, but you had better have some deep pockets! If you are handy, I would recommend buying what you would need to supplement your current fixture with T5s. They make kits (BRS sells one) that has the ballast, end caps and everything else you would need. You would have to build something that could hold both your H52 and the kit that you would buy.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI LED HYBRID . Prob one of the best fixtures on the market. With it's sleek look and we'll built design it will provide very good specs with lighting and bulb combination . As far as growth it's not only the fixture it's up to you to have good water CHEM and stable CAL, alk, mag.

That's the best fixture for led/t5. Combo

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED doesn't give you the grow. It gives you the shimmer and the "pop" or better adjustability than T5. You can simulate dawn/dust and midday with LED. T5 will give you the correct spectrum and true UV. And it's a proven technology to grow SPS. Most people I know do not get good growth with LED. But some people this forum reported good growth with their LEDs. Running T5 only is a bit boring looking, imo. The tank looks the same practically thorough the day...

LED + T5 is a great combo for growth/color and adjustability. This depends on what LED and T5 fixtures you are looking at of course. I am currently running ATI 8 bulbs + 2 Kessil 360W. Amazing shimmer and awesome color/growth for my SPS. I am very happy with the way things are right now. We'll see how it will turn out in the next 6 months/year.

Also, I have no issue with heat. I don't run fan or chiller and temp never goes over 79 degrees.

Keep in mind that water chemistry and other factors will determine your overal results.

Rudimenta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS have great fixtures same goes for ATI, both require deep pockets, good success with my PS, water parameters are even more important in my book. And that's not just cal/mg/alk

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For combo fixtures I would go Pacific Sun or ATI. I know Giesemann is also coming out with one. For any of these those you need pretty deep pockets. I went with Pacific Sun and couldn't be happier.

micmickay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u think 36†ati hybird gives enough light for a 48†tank? Other equipments blocked the 48†fixture. Also, i got 27†water level depth , still good enough!?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back