Proud new owner

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my second fish about three months after adding the first. I am now the proud owner of a Ruby Red Dragonet.

Hubby was fine with the $30 for the Ruby but he almost had a heart attack over the $20 for the pods to feed him.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must have pics!! Gotta have a shot of the lil fella!!:wink:

OP
OP
Karen

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pics
image.jpg

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! They're such cool little fish. So much personality.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking ruby red!! :)

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been debating one. Have not heard of good survival rates though. Need more information before I try to keep one. They are very cool looking fish for sure!

OP
OP
Karen

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are tank bred. So far he is doing well and the owner of the lfs where I got him said that all of the others he has so.d are doing well also. Of course, that is the word of the lfs owner! Lol!

I did put pods in for him and I can see him scavenging over the rocks eating. I will keep you updated.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are neat little fish. I have had a pair since the about February. Last month caught them spawning on the same night and at the same time as my Target Mandarins. Mine are very active and very fat. Sounds like your tank is fairly new. So keep adding pods, and start feeding some phytoplankton to feed the pods and get them reproducing. You can't have too many pods. They are food for everything.

Dave B

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are tank bred. So far he is doing well and the owner of the lfs where I got him said that all of the others he has so.d are doing well also. Of course, that is the word of the lfs owner! Lol!

I did put pods in for him and I can see him scavenging over the rocks eating. I will keep you updated.
[emoji106] [emoji225] hope he does great for you. This was with locals here. May have just been the lfs they got them from. I'm definitely inclined as I love their lool hence my avatar :)

OP
OP
Karen

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely going to keep an eye out and keep adding. My tank is still fairly new. About 7 months. I will be getting a larger tank after we move next month. Maybe I can figure out how to breed the pods in this one. Any hints?

OP
OP
Karen

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BioCube all in One 14 gal. It has the three chambers in the back. I removed the bio balls. My filtration is the live rock. I am thinking about putting more live rock in the middle chamber in the back.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Who is breeding these?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back