Future R2R Moderators wanted...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to post this for anyone looking to possibly join the Reef2Reef moderator team in the future. I get request from members wanting to join the team and I wanted to outline the types of people we look for to fill these positions. If you are interested then please just be a great member and keep the following list in mind. Our eyes are always peeled for those members who stand out from the crowd. :D

1. Be Active in Posting - One thing that is always needed are members who are actively posting good topics and posts that drive new discussion. Thought provoking topics, latest reef news, photos, etc. are all things that make for good reef talk!

2. Be Helpful - One of the things that set members apart for leadership is their willingness to help others. You don't have to know it all, just help as best you can. Post answers to problems and if you don't have the answer point people in the right direction or others in their direction. Just care.

3. Be Welcoming - Just like it sounds! Welcome new members to the forum. Just spend a few keyboard clicks saying hi!

4. Be Nice - Pretty much just be a nice person. Don't get into posting wars with others over issues. State your opinion in a diplomatic way and keep from falling into the flaming trap! ;)

Thank you and I hope to add GREAT moderators to the team soon! :wink:

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wondered this - with a large forum like this - how many mods/admins do you guys run?

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to be a mod. I'm on R2R all the time and anything i can do to help out this site!! Love R2R keep up the great work lots of great people on this forum.

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would help moderate the forums. I am on all the time.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to be a mod... This is my favorite forum. I don't know what I would do without R2R!!!

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have modded my local board for almost 5 years. If you need new mods I would volunteer

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was considered for a moderator position I would consider it an honor and would definitely accept

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started Moderating Aquarium forums back in the Fishnet days of Compuserve. This led to being on the Board of directors of Masna and hosting 4 MACNA's in Louisville,Ky.
I did speakers for the forum getting a speaker to upload a talk answer questions in a chat room. Would love to help if you need me REV. I am also getting the local club, LMAS, I started back on its feet have last president quit the hobby.I have help hobbyist for 30 years develop their skills in marine aquariums.

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great forum Rev! The atmosphere is positive and welcoming! The Mod's do a fantastic job of creating that for us all.

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would to a moderator i could definetly post more and i am active alot because i am always read to learn more about this fantastic hobby!

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how people want to be a part of helping the site be the best it can be. As it is nov and many club members know - it is usually like pulling teeth to get BOD members....over here.lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back