Editing a Thread You Create

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to edit a previous post to a thread you create? I've seen the edit option on some of my posts and on others I don't have that option. I wanted to edit my equipment list on one of my posts on a thread I created but there is no edit option. I saw this on the Thread FAQ:

"Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum."

Are we not setup for this or do I not have enough posts to have the edit option on all posts?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Fish76

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a small window of opportunity to edit posts as a non-supporting member. Unless you have a membership, you can't edit outside of that.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/announcements/68905-reef2reef-com-supporting-membership-5.html

Thanks for the info!! One more question, from reading that thread, one member said they became a supporter but couldn't edit previous posts because they weren't a supporter when they made the post. Is this true? Aside from supporting an awesome site :high5:, one main reason I would want to become a supporter would be able to edit my build thread posts which were created before I would become a supporter.

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are usergroups as defined by the admins/owner. Admins, moderator, guests, members, vendors are all usergroups with predefined settings. Sometimes there's an issue when applying settings. That may have been the case. If you become a supporter and lack the edit ability, contact an admin or I assume you can post a help request in the forum feedback/questions area. They will get it taken care of.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for your support. This is just an extra perk. Thank you!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.3%
Back