Fish room keepers

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I am about to do the same. I am planning kinda a aqua blue color. It should look okay with the lights, I hope. If I don't get to carried away, I may end up doing some type of mural on the walls as well.

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever is on the clearance miss mixed shelf. If its a good fishroom you won't see the walls it will be covered floor to ceiling with tanks. Save the cash on paint you will want the cash for tanks. My current fishroon is my third. First was decorated and fancy. This one is full of tanks and storage of gear for those tanks. Boaring beigh walls

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through this, constructing a house and painted my apartment " Tame Teal ". It's not a fish room but that's where I plan to put my 75g. I have silver colored tile (not glossy, Flat). So now i'm in the process of doing cabinetry soon, plan to make it a dark gray textured look. I'll post a pic of my color with the tile.

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414158430.719654.jpg

This color is Tame Teal from Sherwin Williams

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice G! The ductless mini-split is a great investment as well!

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice G! The ductless mini-split is a great investment as well!
Thanks, Central AC for this part of the house wasn't included in the plans, but we've had great success with mini splits in the past they are perfect for small areas like this. This one is very nice and gets the apartment cold in no time, very well built. I will be putting the tank in front of that window where the mini-split is, the view out that window is just a forest anyways haha that's my argument for my girlfriend, she supports me though :) This will also allow me to keep my tank at a steady temp, especially since I will be running MHs and T5s

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an AC tech so trust me, it's the best idea for a fish room. The room doesn't need to be as cool as others, plus the only person in that room will be you and your fishes. LOL

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an AC tech so trust me, it's the best idea for a fish room. The room doesn't need to be as cool as others, plus the only person in that room will be you and your fishes. LOL

Yea you got that right lol
In some cases I feel like the mini-splits cool faster than central air. And in experience have less problems with them.

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mini-splits do, usually they are overrated for the room size. The air circulates from the same room instead of getting pulled from a central room and then cooled down for the entire house. Saves a lot more money on the power bill then others think. Most ACs will last a very long time.

Back