pvc cement

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the middle of plumbing my tank and ran out of glue. Living 30min from the neatest big box store i went with the local mom and pop. They only carry Harvey's MP-6 Multipurpose cement. The package doesn't say anything about being safe for portable water. And I can't find anything searching Google one way or the other. I normally use Oatey heavy duty, which is a clear cement. This stuff is a "milky clear" according to the label. Forget about milky and clear not being good descriptions for the same thing. More interested in if anyone has used this or not. Taking a dinner break and hoping to finish plumbing the 240 tonight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob Top1

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well darn it. No vote of confidence on this glue I decided to go get what I trust and have always used. Guess the 240 isn't getting done this evening. Maybe tomorrow.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used it --- using Schedule 80 PVC 711 Glue - Bulk Reef Supply for my 210 with all SCH80 plumbing. Plan on leaking testing the plumbing this weekend.

But, you might have been okay, looking at their site,

"

• Medium-Bodied, medium set, multi-purpose milky clear cement for use on all schedules and classes of ABS, PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings up to 6” diameter with interference fit.
  • Lo-V.O.C. Solvent Cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements.
  • Recommended application temperature 40°F to 110°F / 4°C to 43°C.
  • Recommended for potable water, drain, waste and vent systems. "

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back