frag tank for fish

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be in the process of relocating a few fish soon. I am keeping them, but don't want to relocate more then I have to. I have a opportunity to buy a frag tank for a decent price. The footprint is the same as a 125, which they are currently in, but only half the height. The fish are bottom dwellers, minus the two dwarf lions. Would this work? Any reason it couldn't?

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At some point it may not be deep enough for the dwarf lions. The can get 8-10" depending on the exact species. Not knowing the other fish its hard to say if 70ish gallons is enough for the bioload

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other fish that would be in there are three. Plumieri, barbarie, and inimicus. Bottom dwellers, but messy. The lions are two fuzzy dwarfs, one red and one yellow. They could go elsewhere if needed. There will be a sump added to it as well.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they going into this tank permanently or is this just a temporary house until you have another system setup. if it is Temporary then you should be fine.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planned temporary, but you know how that goes. Needing to redo the room this tank is in, so the tank has to move.

Plan to do the part where the frag tank goes, move fish, finish room. Either fish can be left in the frag tank OR the original tank set back up and the fish return.

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE SELECTION OF FISH!!!
Personally with what you have I would add a good canister filter in addition to the sump. As you noted they are messy. I like the new Aqua Top canisters with UV. cheap price point for a good filter. I added the 500 model to my 180 preditior tank and couldn't be happier. Cost was about $150

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the money and if you think it might be perm .

Then go with the 80G DB rimless or non rimless. As I do. I no how big these fish are . Finns on the tank are 48-24--16.

OR THE 60G DB frag tank. 48-24-12

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you have something nice and with room to play with . Cause if it turn out to e PERM. You wanna look t something nice not a quick frag tank.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I can go rimless. I HAVE to have a lid on this tank. The plumieri on occasion, but the inimicus will swim straight up. They have moved my egg crate lid already.

Thanks rob top. I got into predator fish heavily for a while. Not happy with the normal fish out there sometimes. There is also currently a red and yellow fuzzy dwarf in there. Another tank, cold water, holds a erosa erosa and a bluefin lionfish.

Back