What do you keep in your fuge?

h8z2luze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what you guys keep in your fuges? Mine is in my sump and have always just kept chaeto in it. I see people keeping all kind of stuff though from fish to stars to clean up crews.

Also what light to you use?

Last edited:

captainsaquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a JBJ light that clamps on my refugium and I keep copepods a clean up crew a little live rock and a big ball of chaeto. I also use an algae urf scrubber in my tank and I have a super clean up crew in the display.

diablomaster9045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 70g DD remote refugium for my tank. I keep all sorts of decorative macro algaes in it. It is lit with a 4 bulb t5ho. As for livestock there are 2 wrasses and a bunch of snails and hermits and a cleaner shrimp.

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fuge is in the sump also. Chaeto in the fuge with LR. Sometimes a snail makes it down three and I leave it. I sometimes add pods to my DT and my fuge.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't got my fuge online yet, it's built, but not running. I plan on caulerpa, dragons tongue and a few nicer display macros along with a smooth toadfish. It'll be an external look down display fuge, maybe with another small fish or two :)

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sounds like a cool fuge tyler. I have a 4 inch sand bed and some chaeto in mine. I also have a hermit and a spiny red starfish in there - I use a little mini T5 light on it

reggaedrummin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the idea of a display fuge. I'm planning to redesign my stand soon and I'll include one when I do. I'm thinking a 5 or 6 gal fed off the overflow and overflowing into the sump. Perhaps there's also room for a species tank in there too? :)

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sounds like a cool fuge tyler. I have a 4 inch sand bed and some chaeto in mine. I also have a hermit and a spiny red starfish in there - I use a little mini T5 light on it

I just hope it running it will be as easy as building it haha.

I really like the idea of a display fuge. I'm planning to redesign my stand soon and I'll include one when I do. I'm thinking a 5 or 6 gal fed off the overflow and overflowing into the sump. Perhaps there's also room for a species tank in there too? :)

Yea display fudges are an awesome idea. I don't understand why more people aren't doing them. They have all this extra space to create a really cool and somewhat unique marine environment that's full of something besides coral! Unfortunately that extra room goes to waste from an aesthetics point of view the majority of the time though.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My refugia consist of 3 x 44 gallon Brute cans. Each is about 3/4 filled with live rock, and then there is lit caulerpa racemosa growing in the open water at the top. Water enters each at the bottom and exists from the top. :)

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is on one end of sump fed by rtn manifold through the carbon reactor and ats, has chaeto and grape calerpa along with rock rubble macros grow like mad took half of my growth when i set up other 90 and it has since grown back. Lit by red/blue led on one side of ats the other has a 3700k led and 2 nano glo 6500k lights light the rubble under the macro

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a JBJ light that clamps on my refugium and I keep copepods a clean up crew a little live rock and a big ball of chaeto. I also use an algae urf scrubber in my tank and I have a super clean up crew in the display.

Captain, With all of that, do you still use a protein skimmer?

Djbrandriff150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made a 55gal into my fuge. It's under my 150. I took the doors off the stand so I can see it since it's so big. I'm thinking about putting a lil livestock/fish into it but dunno what to use...
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1415461353.829813.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back