Anyone use Red Sea Reef Energy?

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used Red Sea Reef energy A&B?
My corals are doing fine but I'm not seeing the growth out of them I would like. I was going to try this but wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with it. I'm very interested to see whet the amino acids in this formula do for color and growth.

msderganc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with amino acids is that they only really help when my system is very low nutrient. Otherwise, they tended to brown out corals.

Big Wave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it for almost a year: 3 or 4 times per week in my SPS tank, once a week in my softy/LPS. Sometimes I let a cube of frozen rotifers thaw in it before dumping it all in in the middle of the night. I only use about 1/4 the recommended dosage.

I find that it doesn't cause green algae problems. The directions are right when they say overdose will result in a brown film. That film happens to be my kole tang's favorite food, so I haven't seen the brown slime since I moved him into my SPS tank.

I am not carbon dosing at the moment, but I find that the Reef Energy adds a fullness to my colors, and alk/Ca consumption goes up slightly when I feed it more often.

Big Wave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changes in lighting have a much greater influence on color and growth than Reef Energy, IME. What kind of corals are you keeping?

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like acropower better simply because it doesn't need refrigeration and it doesn't kill your skimmer. I'm only a month in, no definitive answer if it's doing anything

Big Wave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Acropower a lot too, but it's a lot harder to find around here. I'm going to order a liter and put it on my spare dosing pump soon, then just use up what I have left of Reef Energy and be done with it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back