Votes: 16 7.0%

• Total voters

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just wondering what everyone's favorite brand of frozen food was and why? I have to say that I think LRS Frenzy food is my favorite, my fish go crazy for it as soon as I put it in the tank and it is a good price. I just picked up some of Rod's Food and am excited to see how the fish like it.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set the poll to allow more than once choice because some people might have more than one brand depending on what they are feeding and I realize I probably missed some of the brands that are out there

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Hikari Mysis, PE Mysis, Brine, Rods and Reef Frenzy. I think if I had to stick with one, it would be Reef Frenzy with Rods at a close second.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted LRS and "other". Love larrys food it's clean fresh and the fish love it. I chose other because I also really like KB's reef formula. Pretty sure it's not available everywhere but in the Pennsylvania and Nj area you can find it fairly easily.

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I am the only one who has not been impressed with LRS. I hate trying to break it up after thawing. A few of my fish didn't seem to care for it at first either ( coral beauty). I do like the LRS algae sheets though.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I am the only one who has not been impressed with LRS. I hate trying to break it up after thawing. A few of my fish didn't seem to care for it at first either ( coral beauty). I do like the LRS algae sheets though.
Yea, that is one downside to the sheets of food versus the cubes.

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I keep a red solo cup with my tank. Grab half a cup of water, drop my food in. Wait a few minutes and then give it a short, quick stir. Works great.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For brands, I like pretty much any suitable product made by hikari. Mainly rotifers, mysis and blood worms (mainly for the cichlids). It's very clean and my fish love it.
The vast majority of what I feed is a DIY frozen mix though. I like having complete control over what I put in my mix and it's fun (but very smelly) to make :)

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nope not alone same here too big hard to break up big clumps fall to the bottom dint care for it one bit

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use san fan bay.mainly cause i would have to drive 30+ miles to my lfs to get anything else.but it has never let me down and my fish love it.some of the other i have tried are hit or miss.hikari is what i get when i do make the drive.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix up my brands San Francisco,H2o life,Larry's sheets and can not forget Reef frenzy my fish loves it but they are pigs

Merck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(big fish)i like san fran krill frozen, (small fish)petco frozen brime individual drops,both are clean and eazy to distribute, dry i like hikari brime and the seaweed pellets i love the pellets ,no sheets of seaweed in my powerhead and my reef tank will devour these pellets. The lrs.the good, looks good ,i would eat it ,good small people business, the bad its not individual . The problem with that is big chunks, if you use the whole bag it would be ok and it is a wide range of fish that it feed from really big fish to really small fish in the same bag.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back