Aiptasia

jamesm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best method for getting rid of Aipstasia's? Should I just add a couple peppermint shrimp to my tank?

bullysam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have injected them with hot boiling water with a syringe of course. I have covered one or two with corraline putty as well. Some peppermints are hit or miss and you gotta make sure you don't have any shrimp predators in your tank. There are also aiptasia eating file fish. I've heard of people ridding them by pointing a lazer at them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk7mA5PuAQ

sir bonkers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used hot water, a majano wand and neither worked. The problem is the remains get left in the tank and unless you can catch them aiptasia may eventually pop up elsewhere. Mine did. I tried aiptasia x by red sea, and it works well. I havent tried is peppermint shrimp, as I have a Niger trigger who Im sure would see them as a tasty meal. Maybe Ill try a Filefish, but Ive heard they sometimes will nip at corals.

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
majano wand, to me, was a waste of time. Aiptasia-x works well, if you get the "juice" in the opening and then I cover it up with it. Sometimes I've used the aiptasia-x just to see 6 more pop up when I killed 3 of them. I've make a thick kalk-paste and actually that has done the best for me....

sir bonkers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperband butterfly requires a lot of swimming space. Id say at least 120 gallons.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back