What are you thankful for in your reef?

Wags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read on here all the time about things that go wrong in our tanks. Wether it's algae, water quality, or unfortunate losses seems things are always going wrong. So on this day of thanks I'd like to hear what seems to always go well with your tank. What about it makes you happy. Could be the aqua scape, personality of fish, coral growth, anything! Let me know and Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very thankful that all my fish get along; it is a very peaceful tank. I am also thankful that I haven't had a single fish die (knock wood) in the 4 years it's been stocked. Also, I'm thankful that even though I have a live rock tank nothing has ever bothered by Crocea Clam. I'm thankful when I come inside from freezing weather to see a piece of the reef. I'm very thankful that I am so blessed that I can have a piece of the reef in my living room - how blessed it that!

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very thankful that I've been blessed with a great assortment of colorful and seemingly healthy fish. I'm thankful that my clowns finally found my nem although I really wish they weren't so vicious in defending it (primarily from my hand) lol - I feel blessed that I'm able to continue to thoroughly enjoy this hobby and that there are forums where I can connect with others that feel the same!

mdiesel

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are thankful that they have a lid over their heads lol . Seriously though I'm thankful for all the years I've been in this hobby that I have learned from my mistakes ( no matter how dumb some were), that there are so many good people in this hobby, and the fact that I'm in a location where supplies, coral, fish, etc... Are readily available at a large selection . There's so many people out there that never get to do what they love and all of us are pretty fortunate I'd say to be able to not only own tanks but be able to maintain them . Happy Thanksgiving everyone

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for my puffer and new feeding practices.
There was one stage a few years ago where I couldn't keep any fish alive. I'd buy them, feed them, somehow kill them. I had no idea what I was doing wrong. They wouldn't eat no matter how much mysis I filled the tank with!
Then I tried a cute little valentini puffer and a new feeding procedure, I told myself if I killed one more fish I'd give up the hobby and give my stuff away. Turns out that puffer has been with me for a few years now and he's growing up to be a very dashing young man and I've gotten almost every fish I've ever owned feeding the same day they were introduced with the new feeding practice.
The new feedings helped me keep fish in great health and the puffer was the one that made me not want to give up the hobby.
I'm thankful for both every time I look at the tank :)

OP
OP
Wags

Wags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill add in. My reef is new and have had some hiccups along the way but my pair of ocellated clowns have stayed the joy of my tank through it all! Great personalities and bring joy to the rest of the tank!

Back