What I hate most about Reef Keeping...

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate playing "whats that sound" and then noticing after hearing it for 30 min or more that you ran out of RO water and your pump is gurgling

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed hatred :

1. Animals that are purchased, that never do what they are intended to do.. I swear, every animal i have ever purchased (especially inverts), has always either been laxity, dumb, or simply did nothing it was "ever" described to do..

2. All types of nuisance algea. Not one is good enough, at any particular stage.. I hate them all!

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
obscene frag prices. I'm all for businesses doing what they need to do to stay afloat, but every time I visit the classified section and see $200+ frags I roll my eyes; 'collector corals' are the worst thing for the hobby IMO... There's just no need to gouge

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Animals that are purchased, that never do what they are intended to do.. I swear, every animal i have ever purchased (especially inverts), has always either been laxity, dumb, or simply did nothing it was "ever" described to do..

exact reason I stay away from crabs! I hate them!

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Niger trigger that bites my hand every time it goes in the water. Placing corals is really stressful because he stalks me. He draws blood too. His new hobby is his excavation business. He hauls gravel around with his mouth and crop dusts my entire tank. About two weeks ago, he started doing this non-stop. He also likes to lay on his side and flap his tail to send gravel flying across the tank. I've had him for six years so I can't get rid of him at this point. He's family.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418449277.401269.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418449309.750773.jpg

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anxiety I get from leaving the reef when I'm suppose to be enjoying my vacation....... Like right now. Lol!

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
obscene frag prices. I'm all for businesses doing what they need to do to stay afloat, but every time I visit the classified section and see $200+ frags I roll my eyes; 'collector corals' are the worst thing for the hobby IMO... There's just no need to gouge
Well to be fair many of the super high price zoa frags are S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well to be fair many of the super high price zoa frags are S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G.
It shouldn't always be because it's nice it's insane expensive. I have cb fang bangers and rainbow infusion and they grow like weeds almost but are $200 on cb website. I got them from a collector so I didn't pay no were near that.

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't always be because it's nice it's insane expensive. I have cb fang bangers and rainbow infusion and they grow like weeds almost but are $200 on cb website. I got them from a collector so I didn't pay no were near that.

exactly

Im irked less at vendors trying to jack prices way up than hobbyists (the hobby shouldnt be about making money off other hobbyists). Vendors have to deal with wholesalers that force them to buy several boxes of regular stuff before they can get some cherry stuff... they raise the prices to compensate for inevitably lost livestock that doesnt sell because its common, and it also unfortunately gets raised quite a bit for being unique (theres ALWAYS more unique coral, so this doesnt make as much sense). Its extra hard on the online vendors, because few people go to an online site to buy xenia... but there are ways around this that dont involve burning the consumer; like an optional tiered purchasing system (similar to what wholesalers use) that would give you special reduced pricing on cherry stuff if you bought a certain amount of the "bread and butter" coral... this would ensure that you move your inventory quicker and the consumer would be getting more bang for their buck. It has the added benefit of allowing the consumer to give away or trade the less interesting stuff, maybe to new hobbyists or people just breaking into the reef aspect of SW tanks. Reefing has never been cheap, but its becoming financially exclusionary

GrandeAzul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an equipment junkie. I hate when you have everything that you need or want. Now it's a waiting game for the next big thing.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals that cost as much a downpayment on a car and Aiptasia

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to Swaps that are mostly store owners and not much swapping going on

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back