PraziPro and Adding New Fish

MCDM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, hope you're looking forward to the holidays. Anyways, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping some of you can answer.

I've been dosing prazipro over the past 2 weeks (including a 25% WC) in my DT after I noticed what looked like flukes on my baby hippo tang. 2 weeks later he's color has come back and is looking great. All fish are eating well and behaving normally.

I was planning on doing a 50% water change tonight, and then do one more dose of PraziPro (making it 3 total) just to be safe. But then I got an early Xmas gift!

My girlfriend surprised me tonight with a gorgeous mated pair of True Perculas. Unfortunately since we live in an apartment with limited space, I do not have a QT tank set up.

So if I go ahead with the 50% water change, dose the PraziPro, and drip acclimate the new clowns... do you think this is a good idea? Kind of in a bind here.

Any help would be much appreciated as I know it's such busy time of year.

Cheers,
Morgan

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO would at least FW dip the new fish, just not worth the chance not doing anything at all. Do you know or trust the source fish came from ??? If so do/did they have any QT procedures ??? Prazipro treatment will take care of gill flukes and most internal parasite/worms but not overly effective as a Ich or Velvet cure/remedy.

Cheers, Todd

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on FW dip. When I do them I match temp and Ph to my display tank. Using the alk part of a two part dosing system will raise the Ph. I would say temp and airation most important

OP
OP
M

MCDM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, did the fresh water dip as recommended. Fish are extremely healthy and are getting along well with their tank mates. The new clowns ate right away and are inseparable. Will be keeping a close eye on them, but so far so good.

IMG_8564.jpg

OP
OP
M

MCDM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick video if anyone's interested. [video=youtube_share;HpfdWC_LstU]http://youtu.be/HpfdWC_LstU[/video]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back