veggie clips

McolonReefAddict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my questions is how long do you leave them in your tank? I just got a filefish and he along with a tang will pick and eat from the clip whenever they want to eat. It's been in the tank for 2 days now and even though it looks fresh i cannot help but feel like i need to pull it. I currently have a piece of lettuce on it. Perhaps i put to much? I'm sure i did but even with a smaller piece, how long should i leave it in? Thanks for any advice.

TurboReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess it depends on the amount that is usually eaten by the fish. I usually just stick a 4''x4'' piece on my clip and leave it until it's gone.

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I modified mine to slow feed my tangs. One 12x12 sheet now last 3-4 days. Where before they would shred it and pollute the tank.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419111006.522346.jpg

OP
OP
McolonReefAddict

McolonReefAddict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eckolancer that's a pretty interesting mod. I like the way it floats into the tank instead of being all up on the glass. For now I'll use less food on mine. Where did you get yours from?

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a TLF mag veggie clip that the clip broke off of. I was trying to find a way to keep tangs fed for a few day while I went out of town. I saw this ring binder made of plastic and thought I would roll a sheet of algae in it and see if it would work. Also got lucky and it clips right in place of the old veggie clip.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back