Tank I Transformed at Work - What Do You Like to see at Your LFS?

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I have the lovely opportunity to work at my LFS and attempt to expand my knowledge on this lovely hobby. Here is one of the tanks i recently worked on.

IMG_8300.jpg

What do you guys specifically look for when you're buying fish and corals at a store?
What practices do you make sure are being done?
In general, how do you like to see corals displayed for sale? Whats the easiest for you to find the coral that you want to buy?

Thanks! :)

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice change. Much better than before.

I look for cleanliness, helfulness, and I ask questions that I already know to see how knowledgeable the people I'm buying from are. Sometimes I don't have to do that because you can see how things are set up and how presentable things look. I stopped going to my LFS because their husbandry is lack luster and no care is taken of their stock. I buy online mostly now unless I drive 4 hour round trip to the big city.

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mainly tank husbandry for me. Some people will disagree but I hate walking into a LFS and seeing dirty and algae covered tanks. I have a LFS about 10 minutes away however I choose to drive 30 to another that keeps their DT and frag tanks clean. Just my .02

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice change. Much better than before.

I look for cleanliness, helfulness, and I ask questions that I already know to see how knowledgeable the people I'm buying from are. Sometimes I don't have to do that because you can see how things are set up and how presentable things look. I stopped going to my LFS because their husbandry is lack luster and no care is taken of their stock. I buy online mostly now unless I drive 4 hour round trip to the big city.

thanks!

yeah, super hard to keep tanks clean and frags straight with so many people moving around things and buying things on a daily basis! but i try my hardest!

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mainly tank husbandry for me. Some people will disagree but I hate walking into a LFS and seeing dirty and algae covered tanks. I have a LFS about 10 minutes away however I choose to drive 30 to another that keeps their DT and frag tanks clean. Just my .02

yeah, thats definitely an on-going battle!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back