Aquastik screwed up tank?

caseytatum44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought and used a small amount of the Aquastik epoxy by two little fishies Friday afternoon. The instructions stated to turn off your protein skimmer if you use a large amount. I only used a piece about the size of a quarter and came down to my protein skimmer overflowing terribly. I turned it off and have not been able to turn it back on without the same thing happening. I even tried turning down the skimmer a ton with no luck. Its been over the 36 hours they mention to keep it off for, am I missing something here?

fungia_fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's normal and nothing to worry about. It usually subsides for me overnight, but can last longer as you're experiencing.

OP
OP
C

caseytatum44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks, I'm noticing a lot of more bubbles coming into my sump from the overflow and just hasn't seemed to improve. Should I just turn on my skimmer and just pull the plug on the cup until it settles?

fungia_fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer to let it run and drain into the sump (after cleaning the cup) until it subsides. That way you still get the oxygenation benefits and can see when it's back to normal. Having said that, it's really no big deal to turn it off for a day or two if that's easier for you.

OP
OP
C

caseytatum44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, I'm not buying this junk again. the other stuff I had was much easier to use and I never had these problems.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually leave my skimmer running but with the AquaC Remora I can take out the collection cup. After about 3-4 days I put the cup back in/on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back