Live Rock Online Ordering

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would clean the rock before I set up the scape I think it will make it easier on you. If you are planning to add live rock to the dry rock it will be fine. Will the live rock be cured or do you plan to cure it? Some people put live rock straight into the tank and let it go. I go with dry rock so I can add what I want to the tank and not worry about hitch hikers. I seeded my last tank with coralline scrapings from a crab shell and coralline started in a week or so.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will use some cured good quality live rock in addition to the dry rock. i think its the best approach biologically. Yes, there may be a risk of some hitchhikers but I think the dry rock will never have that quality. Even with the seed and cycle. Agree?

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say it is hard to beat really good live rock. I think you have a good plan. A plan is the best approach. The last 2 tanks I have setup were very fast and I was not happy with and had some trouble along the way. The next build I have been planning for several months and am still out months on it. Looking good so far and I think you are well on your way to having a nice tank!!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For live rock, I always recommend Tampa Bay Saltwater. Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock
Get "The Package" and you will not be sorry!

I refuse to start a tank without TBS.
I even got invited to out on the boat with Richard to personally get my rock for my latest build!
See the trip with lots of pics here...
*d2mini's new 200g Reeftastic Build* - Page 12 - Reef Central Online Community

Your cube tank was one of my favorite. The rock you got was amazing. Almost ordered some from him because of you, but my lfs offered cured live rock for 2.50$ so I couldn't refuse

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cube tank was one of my favorite. The rock you got was amazing. Almost ordered some from him because of you, but my lfs offered cured live rock for 2.50$ so I couldn't refuse

Yeah, you can't beat that price. Even buying junk rock covered in who knows what from craigslist can cost more than that.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome. Definitely checking that out. How long do you think it might take to ship to California?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome. Definitely checking that out. How long do you think it might take to ship to California?

Should be same day.
Ships in the morning, you pick up at your airport's cargo freight in the afternoon.
Doesn't get any fresher unless you go diving for it yourself. ;)

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you tried this Aragonite Special grade Dry sand? how do you feel about it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422500869.650862.jpg

javierbatista

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the live rock just remember you may have some unwanted creatures in your rock but to seed an fish tank its just perfect i order mine and i dip it in coralrx and it was fine

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back