Live Rock Online Ordering

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone point me to a good site to order LiveRock? What was your experience with that? kind of skeptical about ordering LR Online but im willing to give it a shot if its better than my LFS.

jmarcink91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from premium aquatics. I was very happy with my rock. You can request certain sizes and they will try to pick what you are looking for. I told them it was for a 20 long so please pick pieces that they think would fit nicely, and they did. The rock had tons of life, and a few hitchhikers. It was great starting a system with that much life, but just be prepared for hitchhikers any time you are buying live rock.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA has some really nice live rock, have a look at them

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I will check out the website right now. I actually just ordered a GEO Carx from Luke. Good business

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want rock with tons of hitchhikers (good&bad) look at Tampa Bay Saltwater. There rock is awesome. Tons of extras with the rock.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Depot also has some pretty good live rock.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill look into both sites. Any of you do 50/50 Dry + LR? i was originally going to try all Dry rock from BRS (Pukani) but all sold out. Then I was talking to some folks on the ZeoVit website and they highly recommend ALL live rock with Dry sand (Aragonite 2mm). So I ordered the sand but need some good quality Live Rock (Similar to Pukani or Marco Rock)

nanolax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sealife inc. has some really good live rock that is full of hitchhikers and coraline. FYI the rock is fairly symmetrical and rectangular so it will be good as base material for building your aquascapes. Other retailers may have more asymetrical pieces, which may be better fo building overhangs and caves.

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gulf Live Rock has some very nice rock at one of the more reasonable prices. I just got a 100lb order in for my build. 3rd time I have used there rock and have nothing but praise for it.

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get Base Rock and cure it yourself. You never know what lurks inside of some Live Rock. OMO!

jmarcink91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont want too much hitch hikers lol I want mostly "good"

Lol yeah thats what we all want! Any time you are buying live rock you dont know what might come in with it. That is part of the risk, but as long as you keep an eye on it the good should outweigh the bad.

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms are not bad. Aiptasia are super annoying. But I agree there are a lot worse hitchhikers out there.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hate them more than anything else. Personal reasons and bad experiences i had during my first tanks lol

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably even more than the coral deceases, crazy mantis shrimps, crabs, and zoa eating nudibranches lol

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back