Rose Anemone

jamesm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Rose Anemone just split last week. I heard it is not good to keep two in one tank. Is that true? I heard it will split up the clown fishes where they will become enemy's?

I have a another tank which is a FOWLR tank. The tank consist of a couple Triggers, Emperor Angel, Harlequin Tusk, Yellow Tang, and a Stars and Strip Puffer. Could I put the new Anemone in the other tank? Thoughts?

Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 25+ In one tank & my clowns still stay In pairs.

ptreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had 2 and my clowns divorced and one died....
Took out got new mate and been a pair last 2 yrs now!

Unless you plan lots of anemonee's. Sell it or trade one for some lfs credit!

fragman4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on trading it. They can co exist but chances are they will keep splitting.

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep the ones that split in a breeder box together in my frag tank, they will be fine. I don't want more in my display cause I have way too much coral in a 125. Although if I get about 10 nems I might set up their own island or even own tank.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multiple RBTA in the same tank will not be a problem as long as there is space. There could be issues if there are corals because the anemones may wander to find their happy spot. The corals may get damaged in the process. When most people refer to mixing anemones causing issues, they are referring to mixing different species. This can be problematic depending on the type of anemone and the size of the tank.

OP
OP
jamesm

jamesm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had to add any fish meds to my tank. Knock on wood. If I have any issues with any of my fish I take them out and quarantine them. The only time I had to do this was to put a Yellow Tang in timeout. He was picking on the Harlequin Tusk.

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody have issues mixing green and rose bubble tip anemones? I have a green now in a 150 gal and was thinking of adding a rose bubble tip as well. the green i have doesn't seem big enough for the two clowns I have. would it be more problematic ie, causing the clowns not to mate? is the rose bubble tip harder to keep? will it move more? split more often? than the green I presently have? I have had pretty good luck with green ones. I had one that got really big and healthy in my 30 gal bio cube but I messed up the foot when I tried to move it to my new 150 gal. it died. I then got a rose bubble tip and it kept moving around and finally died. I'm thinking maybe it was not too healthy when I got it. the tips were never really sticky like the green one I had. anyway, I then replaced that rose with another green one that is now doing fine. I put him in a pretty good place in the middle of the tank and on top so he would get good light. He just seemed to suck right in and stayed in that one spot. It's been 2 months and he seems to be doing well. his tentacles are sticky but long, never the bubbles shape anymore. I hear that means he's either hungry or not getting enough light so he's stretching the tentacles out to get more. anyway he seems healthy.

my question again is will I have issues getting a rose anemone to put next to him. or should I stay with the green types? does it matter?

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding with bubbletips and their tentacles is there is no method or known reason for some to bubble up and some to be long. I don't believe if they are long it means they are hungry or needing more light. I watched a video from melev and he had a real nice bta tank and his were not bubble shaped any more, he even went on to mention no one knows what causes it. Can't say yours needs more light or food personally especially without pics, but the shape is not an indicator from my understanding

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back