what are we doing for K while salifert test is NA ?

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've searched every aquarium website I can find and the salifert potassium test is sold out everywhere. So anyone come up with a plan B?

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya...I don't like that one, the filter deal is a pita and I had my water lab tested. The RS was 40ppm off which makes it useless IMO.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And youve tested it against the salifert, and it is accurate????

ALL test kits are going to have a degree of inaccuracy, as well as user error....

IMO, any and all test kits are more meant to just give you a baseline idea. none of them are truely good enough to give EXACT numbers every time without variation

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used the salifert but it seems very quick and easy. If I'm just getting a general idea, I prefer quick and easy than tiny filters and 5-10 minutes of dripping. That said I normally use the Coral Shop potassium kit. Its from Europe and is also sold out at my LFS. That kit gave me dead on in a comparative lab test and 5ppm off in a second test. Truly excellent kit. I would order it right from the company but with shipping and exchange it comes to $120. I love it, but not for $120.

Back