Vaping and Reef Tanks?

nark54321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed heavy smoking or vaping affecting their tanks? I don't smoke but i do vape. like pretty heavily. it can sometimes sit in the air as if a hotbox but its nothing 'illegal' just vape, some people are not familiar with it and if there are any fellow vapers or anyone with their thoughts please leave them!

Last edited by a moderator:

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vape effects are unknown as they haven't been studied
Assume its the same as smoking. Anything in the air can settle in tank

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but what kind of vape, ego? or like sub ohm where you build your own coils and such?

I vape a RTA on a Rdna40. I'm usually at around .8 ohm. Plenty of Vapor. I wouldn't worry about it. I disagree to treat it just like smoking. There are huge toxins in second hand smoke.

niftyjosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vapes around my tanks for years with noticing no effects at all. I currently use a iVP3 with a Kanger Subtank mini @ .7 ohm.

OP
OP
nark54321

nark54321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vapes around my tanks for years with noticing no effects at all. I currently use a iVP3 with a Kanger Subtank mini @ .7 ohm.

sweet thanks guys! I'm usually vaping on a mech and rda! thanks for the input vape on!

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vape a RTA on a Rdna40. I'm usually at around .8 ohm. Plenty of Vapor. I wouldn't worry about it. I disagree to treat it just like smoking. There are huge toxins in second hand smoke.
I agree but to clarify the long term effects of vape have not been studied.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how this will affect tank health.
I know smoke will stick to almost everything in your home.
I smoke outside [emoji299]

Conway I smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. If you haven't tried Vaping I suggest you give it a try. I haven't smoked or had the desire to smoke cigs and will never look back. My breathing has been restored, blood pressure dropped, clothing, fingers and hair don't stink. Best of all I save a ton of money to spend on my Reef. :bigsmile:

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conway I smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. If you haven't tried Vaping I suggest you give it a try. I haven't smoked or had the desire to smoke cigs and will never look back. My breathing has been restored, blood pressure dropped, clothing, fingers and hair don't stink. Best of all I save a ton of money to spend on my Reef. :bigsmile:
Tried a few ecigs no nicotine
Helps for sure. I wont bother listing everything I've quit smoking.
Going back on the patch soon

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you brought this up. I keep a real tight clutch on my systems. My friend came over one night and smoking on his vape like crazy in my tank room. I didn't think anything of it then he left and about 20 minutes later my kole tang was doing the death roll all over the tank. I panicked and did an emergency water change. He was back to normal in the morning. Honestly, It was the only thing I could blame it on. This dude was blowing fat clouds over my tank. I'm not saying for sure that was the cause but it just seems weird that that happened right after he was here smoking up a storm. Now nobody smokes anything in my fish room.

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you brought this up. I keep a real tight clutch on my systems. My friend came over one night and smoking on his vape like crazy in my tank room. I didn't think anything of it then he left and about 20 minutes later my kole tang was doing the death roll all over the tank. I panicked and did an emergency water change. He was back to normal in the morning. Honestly, It was the only thing I could blame it on. This dude was blowing fat clouds over my tank. I'm not saying for sure that was the cause but it just seems weird that that happened right after he was here smoking up a storm. Now nobody smokes anything in my fish room.
Good policy
Its gonna take another 10-15 years before the effects of long term vape show up

Alzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone see the documentary about the effects cigarette ends have on sea life at the beach?

It stated that the chemicals that the filter remove are stubbed out into the sand and the chems leech back into the sea.

Was interesting

Up the vaps by the way !!!!!.

_Conway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pesticides that were banned decades ago are in polar bears as they eat fish which are still contaminated

Alzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pesticides that were banned decades ago are in polar bears as they eat fish which are still contaminated

Is that why we don't see polar bear on the menu at frankie and bennys?

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on Vuse for a few weeks now and haven't seen any ill effects to my tank, I also used to smoke outside exclusively.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back