Black Hole Sun Acan identification

Akida17th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if anyone has ever seen Black Hole Sun Acans in person. This isn't a great picture but are the acans below what the seller says they are? Any help would be great they are nice but I want to make sure they're authentic.

black hole sun acan.jpg

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen them in person but they look like the pictures I have seen

TK0321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the real deal above ^^^^^

Beautiful piece

Thank you! It was a bucket list piece.

Was wondering if anyone has ever seen Black Hole Sun Acans in person. This isn't a great picture but are the acans below what the seller says they are? Any help would be great they are nice but I want to make sure they're authentic.

black hole sun acan.jpg

As for saying whether the ones you pictures are or are not "black hole Suns" I'm sure could always be debated. There are two origins that are debated to have had Black hole Suns first; FF and CC. We won't start that debate but if the seller can't prove lineage to either one then it's not worth nearly as much. A CC BHS can go for over $200 a head. I have seen plenty of other acans that have used the same name and are very nice looking as well but the one I pictured above with lineage is where the money comes from. Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Akida17th

Akida17th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, the seller said he got them from a friend at NCPARS frag swap. They do look a bit different unfortunately. I may still buy them because they look awesome though. Thanks for the help!

TK0321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might sound silly but How can you prove lineage?

That's a hard subject as well. It's mostly trust and only dealing with people you know. On big name pieces you can usually trace from reefer to reefer back to the source especially because they often don't jump around much. If the person you are buying them from aren't specifying where it originated chances are most likely the person before them didn't know either.
My BHS came one person removed from the source.

In the long run if they are nice buy them but don't pay for the name.

Back