Saltwater Waste TAXES?!?!?!?!?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is weird, yesterday I received a letter from the MUD (our water and sewer company) that I dump about 280 gallon of saltwater in the sewer and for that my monthly bill will increase with $1.29 per gallon saltwater dumped.
My question is............ how the heck can they possible know that or is it just a estimate?
Anybody else had that happen too or is it just a Houston thing?
You know I'm trying to do the right thing and dump it in the sewer vs in the street but now I know where it will go, don't you agree?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is weird, yesterday I received a letter from the MUD (our water and sewer company) that I dump about 280 gallon of saltwater in the sewer and for that my monthly bill will increase with $1.29 per gallon saltwater dumped.
My question is............ how the heck can they possible know that or is it just a estimate?
Anybody else had that happen too or is it just a Houston thing?
You know I'm trying to do the right thing and dump it in the sewer vs in the street but now I know where it will go, don't you agree?

How do they even know??

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont they dump the sewer water In the ocean like they do here In Miami?

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy. How do they know you even have saltwater?
Here in aus I only get charged for the water that comes out of the taps. Not what goes down the drain.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something sounds wrong there! How would they know? They estimate sewage usage based on the water you use I thought.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless they have salinity testing equipment and GPH meters located upstream of the junction that connects your facility to the general sewer lines at the street, they have no way of knowing what you input into the system. the problem with a GPH meter is it needs some sort of pressure to accurately measure.

I smell an april fools prank here.

bboyvital

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the normal response from the masses..umm..$1.29 is not bad to pay for the health of your coral and livestock considering how much you spend on coral/fish right? its the price you pay for being a responsible reefer right?

Happy April Fools!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you also knew that R2R launched on Wallstreet today.
You can buy shares as of 04/01.

Flashy Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smell an april fools prank here.

That was my immediate thought, but props to OP for using a serious tone to make it sound legit. A lot of the reef sites playing jokes today put almost no effort into them, so they read like jokes straight away and fool no one.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, of course none of that ever could happen and if it does we are in deep trouble.
Before we cary on what is the most awesome prank you ran into today?

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on the lookout for them today, noticed this as a prank right away. The most elaborate goes to bulk reef supply for their acropora seeds they put on the site today. The funniest (in my opinion) was beasl Bob saying he was going to do a water change. Adam at battle corals put lots of effort into his aefw prank and it was well executed. The blue lightning clownfish was good, but too easy to spot.

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IN my community, this isn't a joke. We all received letters to use potassium chloride in our water softener systems in lieu of sodium because the waste water treatment plant was not designed to handle the increase in sodium effluent form a growing community.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back