Hypothetical Upgrade Situation

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So say I wanted to uograde my 46 gallon to this awesome 180 gallon long tank at my fish store hyptohetically in a hypothetical fashion,
what do I need to do?

First off the area i hypothetically want to put it is in the exact same spot where my 46 gallon is. How would I put it there, you know, how do I move the tank?
Also I want to hypothetically set it up and cycle it and then move corals into it, instead of just shoving the system in there, because I hypothetically want to use dry rock for aquascaping.
Ciuld I hypothetically connect the tanks (once soomehow the 46 gallon is hypothetically moved) and put the corals in? Becaue hypothetically the water params would be the same, or even better (cuz hypothetically larger water volume)
I've got SPS and I don't wanna kill them.

Any ideas?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realistically you can't put the hypthetical 180 in the same place as the 46 and use dry rock unless you move the 46 and hold the contents until the dry rock is cured (cycled), or first cure the rock and do the move in one day.

Stock tanks are great for doing moves or curing rock.

Last edited:

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah your best bet would be to put all of your existing livestock/rock into tubs and keep them there long enough to get your new tank up and running.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So maybe I could hypothetically put my corals and fish in a frag tank?

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please stop saying hypothetically. I would move stuff over to frag tank or set up another tank so that the old 46 could be moved and a 180 could be put in place. Let it cycle and then add your stuff. While cycling you can make changes to the new tank and improve on stuff so your corals and fish are not affected.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please stop saying hypothetically. I would move stuff over to frag tank or set up another tank so that the old 46 could be moved and a 180 could be put in place. Let it cycle and then add your stuff. While cycling you can make changes to the new tank and improve on stuff so your corals and fish are not affected.
Fine I'll stop. I just don't want to make any promises to myself that this will happen. Ihave acros, how would they feel about all this?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine I'll stop. I just don't want to make any promises to myself that this will happen. Ihave acros, how would they feel about all this?

As long as you continue to provide the requirements of the coral (whether it is lighting, water movement, etc.) then the coral will be fine....regardless of the type.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back