Rubbermaid stock tank

RadReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone is using a structural foam rubbermaid stock tank? I'm thinking of buying one but the idea of a foam sump tank is a little scary. The one that I'm looking at is a 300 gallon poly stock tank number 424700BLA

OP
OP
RadReef

RadReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen them used by some as shark and ray tanks as well as sumps etc etc

That's good to hear. Does anyone have a picture of their foam stock tank as a sump? I'm wondering if I should get a fiberglass or PVC type sump tank instead but they're much more $$$.

mchartier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mine when I set it up, it worked great, I have recently taken it down to cut cost due to twins on the way. That is the 100 Gallon size.

DSC_0062.jpg

mchartier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems at all I used it almost 2 years with no issues. There are quite a few members in my local club that have used them a lot longer than that. The only thing is replace the stock bulkhead it is an odd thread or seal it up real good and drill your own hole. If you replace it with a 1.5" or even 2" you will need to open the hole a little and also sand down the ridges that hold the square piece from turning on the stock bulkhead. I did the last and it was a pain, multiple leak tests but eventually I got it right. If I had to do it again I would just drill my own hole and seal the stock one.

OP
OP
RadReef

RadReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I can buy a 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tank on Ace's website for $200 shipped free to my local store for pickup. Seems like a good deal.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 150 tied to a 100 with a 50 gallon umbilical rubbermaid livestock tub as my sump/fuge/extra space tanks and have for years. I got them from someone who used the 150 and 100 as a sump and fuge on a 180 for a number of years and still no issues. Mine are fiber. Trying to add weirs to one is almost a lose lose situation, but if not trying to baffle them, they are great. You can drill just about anywhere to add bulkheads as needed;).

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup Harry Y!! You even have the rubbermaid tank for a frag tank. Thanks McChartier, Jordan, and Harry for your comments!

Thank you, I have been doing some changes I need to take more pictures when I am done

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rubeer made stock tank the has been outside curing live rock an is full to the brim, been using it like that for a couple years, works great, can't beat the price per gal either

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back