What is your oldest coral?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snapped some new pic's tonight and I thought I would start an oldest coral thread!

This is actually my oldest coral that I have, I have had this coral for about 5 years now believe it or not! I used to have a good sized colony and lost all but a few pencil eraser sized polyps in a tank crash. This is the only polyp that I was able to save long term. It has since grown back nicely and is about 1" square with a few new polyps sprouting around it!

%
DSCN3298.jpg

steamer51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My oldest are a few Kenya Tree pieces that were on the rock I bought to set up my 55 in August 2006. Don't give me too much credit for keeping them that long since it's hard to kill them if you want to.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any man I keep recycling mine for new ones haha....;) I would have to say my spaghetti acro is my oldest it's around 2.5yrs old iirc..... I normally buy a frag grow it out get bored sell it and buy something else...:tongue:

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink palythoas with a hint of green in the skirts. I have them for at least 5 years if not more.

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can't prove that each polyp is this old..but the colony of button polyps I have is over 10 years old. It's the first coral I purchased. They've survived through crashes, cycles, moving the tank to a new home... these things ain't givin up!

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The oldest coral in my tank is OG AOGs had them for over 5 years. They have been fragged consistently throughout this period of time. Always a vibrant pink look. To this day I still love them :)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My oldest coral is a scroll coral about the size of a basketball. Some guy gave it to me over 3 years ago, at that point the coral was already 4 years old at least.

IPisces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my tank in March 2009. My first corals at that time were this toadstool leather that was only 3" in diameter at the time, a blastomusa merletti and a frag of 2 purple people eaters.
The toadstool is now 10-12" in diameter and just as tall, the blastos have trippled and I have 14 polyps of PPE's

fungia_fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My oldest (and favorite) coral is a plain, ordinary candy cane. It was my only coral that survived Hurricane Charley in 2004 after I lost power for almost a month. I call it my miracle cane because I had already assumed the whole tank was a loss, but found the tiniest lump of candy cane flesh when the power came back on. From there, it now takes up a huge section of the left side of my tank (and I've given out a huge frag with almost every single trade I've made).

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several that are 5 years old or so. But for true age who knows! I buy lots of aquaculture coral, and I like to think it could be decades old since it came out of the ocean and perhaps much older than that when collected. I even bought a Oregon tort coral from Diver's Den at a premium, because they had traced the linage of their parent colony to the originals traded in Oregon in 2004. I just find that neat, lol.

Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 Year old Green Colt colony.

Attachments

• COLT.jpg
    COLT.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 368

Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where the heck is the edit function?? See if this is turned the right way

Attachments

• COLT.jpg
    COLT.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 346

jmarcink91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer and a couple zoas which were my first corals when I set up my tank. Have had the corals for a year now

Motorcitycorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My longest living coral would be a yellow Tort. its grown as big as a basket ball at times, over the years of moving and tank issues it has made it. possible 12-13 years old.

ermartin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Duncan that is just over 7 years old and 2 others that are about 6 years old. I actually almost killed the older one last week but its happy and healthy today

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have blasto welsii that is 14 yrs inside a gallon. two different tanks, but a total of 14 yrs. its new tube growths many many generations removed from original five. I think it has produced 600 new tubes of bright red welsii

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first coral was good ole radioactive dragon eyes zoas. Had it for 3 years now. First sps was a purple acro that's been in my tank for over 2 years

reef_grrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three years, same age as my tank. First coral was a war coral, got a 1" X 1" frag, traded a softball sized piece last week and still have a fist sized piece for myself.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back