• Total voters

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally I dont like paying for something I dont need so I use regular IO

I supplement the specific elements the tank uses. softies dont need water made for hard corals and vise-versa so why pay for the extra calcium,mg..... when I do a water change I am just dumping the extras I paid big bucks for out

I say test your fresh mixed water and test the water your taking out so you know specifically what extras you need and dont need for your specific system

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered some ESV. I've got to try it out based on the coments.

I bought a couple of tubs of Salinity when it first came out and it was on sale. It was awesome. I bought a tub last week and it was kind of clumpy. Either it had an air leak or their quality control has gone down. It still mixed up fine though. I tested it to make sure it wasn't mouse pee or something in it. It was fine.

MyBoyGus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered some ESV. I've got to try it out based on the coments.

I bought a couple of tubs of Salinity when it first came out and it was on sale. It was awesome. I bought a tub last week and it was kind of clumpy. Either it had an air leak or their quality control has gone down. It still mixed up fine though. I tested it to make sure it wasn't mouse pee or something in it. It was fine.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

mouse_pee_test.jpg

YVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loyalty to salt brands is always a contentious issue. But since we are on the topic, I I have always been happy with Tropic Marin Salt. I'm using the original blend in my FOWLR and Tropic Marin Bio Actif on my 90 gallon mixed LPS/SPS tank.

OP
OP
LegoZ81

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for my next batch I think I am going to try RC and see what that gets me. Tank budget is really squeezed and I definately don't have enough in the way of nutrient export. Thanks for all the votes.

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Red Sea Coral Pro for a month or so and its been good. No complaints. I need to test it though but corals are doing just fine since I've added them back in a week ago.
Those that use RSCP, do you guys shake the bucket up before mixing, and how much do you at per gallon for 1.025? I haven't found the magic measurement for that.

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Crystals. I change water often on a very large tank so in addition to 'performance', I have to consider availability as well as cost. In spite of occasional inconsistencies which can be overcome pretty easily. RC usually fits the bill.

rayviv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Red Sea Coral Pro for about two years. Then Kent, IO, Reef Crystals. I am currently looking to find one that I do not have to add ALK/Cal to before I do a WC. If natural sea water is around 0.25-26 then why should we have to bring up those quantities B4 water changes?

Looking for suggestions, Ray

apicturepaints

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using RC for a little while now. Kh mixes about 10ish and magnesium 1600 at a 1.026 salinity. I have noticed that sediment will collect in my mixing water, but I think that is relatively harmless. It's a good bang for the buck without out having to dose your water beforehand. I've read some great things on ESV and would like to try it sometime, but $$$ :/ Don't think I'll ever try Red Sea as I've heard more than a few SPS keepers crashing.

apicturepaints

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should add that I always test all parameters from a new bucket! And I mix the bags from RC in an instant ocean bucket I have to get everything combined. For diligent SPS keepers, it would probably be a good idea to test your water before using it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back