What is your favorite Salt mix?

What is your favorite salt mix?

• Total voters

wyoreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with reef crystals that mix did ok. Recently swapped to Red Sea pro and love it. Started getting better polyp extension almost immediately.

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went from Tropin Marin Pro Reef to ESV and couldn't be happier... consistency is everything and I can count on the exact same numbers with every salt mix. Mixing four items is super easy considering how fast the water is ready to be used.

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to use Kent but then switched to Red Sea Coral Pro and I am very happy parameters are amazing I do 5g wc every 5 days and I don't even have to dose my 75g.

TankRazr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESV,- formerly used Tropic Marin Pro.

I started using ESV after reading Jake Adams articles about it here and here. Incidentally I ran into him at MACNA and asked if he was still using it or if his opinion on the salt had changed. His response, if I recall correctly was something to the effect that he still liked it but wasn't using it because of it being hard to source in his local.

I've switched all my maintenance clients over to it as well. It seemed to me that I was getting little diatom blooms from time to time which coincided with TM water changes and I believe I recall reading about others posting about similar results.

Mixes fast

Mixes clear

Apparently less stressful on corals with WC

Cons
Pricey

I repeatedly attempted to contact the company via phone and e-mail with some questions I had at one time and NEVER received a response. Perhaps there was a logical explanation but from my perspective it is unacceptable in my opinion. Doesn't change the fact that the salt mix is a quality product.

Over time one ends up with 9 gillion sets of the included, and in my opinion, uneeded plastic measuring scoops

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using the E.S.V. for a few months now and it's the best salt I've used.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeovit reefers best. Awesome stuff.

ReeferIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1411441571.874278.jpg
HW-MarineMix all the way. You get what you pay for!

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been using ESV and love it. However in prep for a new larger build, I am testing IO for ten gallon water changes every other day on my 160. That being said, I think I will always keep some ESV on hand for emergencies

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to go with I.O reef crystals, had great results and it's not going to cost me an am and a leg.

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Reef Crystals for years thuoght the brown scum residue was just part of it.Changed to Seachem and love it PARS are always dead on as advertised.

Back