Palythoa Grandis

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Palythoa Grandis still has to be my favorite paly. I guess its because of there size. The older I get the worse my eye site gets. I can not see these small zoos unless I am on top of them. Getting full colonys helps see them better. The price of these Paly Grandis is going up and up, I have sen one site that wants $120 for one polyp. I just bought 4 polyps of the best I have seen from Liveaquaria.com for $69 plus shipping! I could just kill myself for selling a 40 polyp cluster of the P. Grandis on ebay last year for $400. I had it for 6 months and it grew from 29 polyps to 40. It was AWESOME. I have got a frag now and geting more. I will have several in the next year to sell. PM me if you want to know the best place to get them.

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see them here and there for anywhere from 10 or 15 a polyp to one site selling them for like $200 I thought it was a typo or a joke. I don’t really care for them because I never see any that have much color. A lfs has some in a display tank that have to be 3 inches+ In a shade of brown.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just gave these away to be nursed back to life while I was battling some tank issues to someone here. God I miss them and hope they come back better than ever!!
PGrandies.jpg

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some green with brown from Chelsey on here and they look great.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks .. the one from Sealife site is Brown and White which is what I have and another different morph as well.

Just curious to know .. how many different P. .Grandis morph is available in North America??

Paul

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReeferRob,

That's one awesome P. Grandis morph and if you're ever ... ever wanna offer them as Frags . .pls. do PM or e-mail !! Seriously .... WOW!!

Thx,
Paul

Thanks alot, they are now actually under the care of Marvin. Maybe once they are back to prime condition and color again we can work out a trade??!!

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
The colony I sold had 40 polyps and was killer. It was the center piece of my tank and I still get a little sick when I think about it selling it. My frag now has only 4 large polyps. Hopefully in about a year or so, it will be 20 polyps. Thanks!!!

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looked like this when I got it:
129_2965.jpg

Now it's dull brown with a faint green haze to it as seen below :(
IMG_4335.jpg

Any ideas how to get it to color back up?? Too much light?

Questin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did not have any green that I can remember when I got them, but when they got in a tank that was stable and better lighting, they greened up

DSC00548.png

DSC00547.png

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
grandis are some of my favorite polyps as well..i paid $10 a polyp for mine..some weeks they look green and sometimes more blue here are a couple pics of mine
this is when i first got it
palygrand2.jpg

palygrand3.jpg

grandis3.jpg

this was back in Dec
palygrand1.jpg

palygrandis1.jpg

from a few months ago
grandis1-1.jpg

grandis4.jpg

this is what the look like today...i have 5 new polyps i noticed coming out in the middle of these four
grandis-1.jpg

Eklikewhoa

Fish Thumper!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanting some of these for quite some time now....seen them for cheap when I first started but like the rest of the craze it has gone up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back