Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice, congrats!!

Thanks! :)

Yeah, all sites I have seen that carry it say they can not ship to CA
I have some prazipro, says for fluke symptoms, pretty sure it will do the same thing, reading up.

You can't order them any stores anymore, they aren't even made anymore. You just have to find someone that has some old ones.

Great job man! Looks so great!!

Thanks Rev!

WOW Gabe!! Congrats man! Beautiful!

Thanks Andy!

Always been a fan Gabe, beautiful tank and congrats on the spotlight

Thank you Brett!

Congratulations on sticking with it and ending up with a great tank.

Gorgeous tank. Everything looks amazing. Very nice photos as well. Congrats man!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

Just curious what you did about your snowflake polyps problem?

I dosed the tank with fluke tabs. 100% clove free now.

tlove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to start researching reef tanks after seeing yours, awesome

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, awesome pics!
I too have those dreaded blue cloves, ugh...
What have you done to combat them?
I did scrub rocks once and they do scrub off, but they release gnarly toxins which is obvious by the response of my corals, serious allelopathy like I've never seen before.
I have been reading up on the fluke tab treatment which is supposed to eradicate them and be harmless to tank inhabitants, but unfortunately fluke tabs are now banned from California, not sure about where you live.

Fenbendazole ? eliminate invasive soft corals (Blue Cloves Polyps, Xenia, Aiptasia, Hydriods, etc.) | Max Draco

& Congrats tank looks sweet!

Dubsmk2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank congrats nice to see someone doing such a good job without the bells and whistle of the must have equipment

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very beautiful tank! congratulations on the spotlight! Kind of an odd question but what do you think contributed to the strong growth of your clove polyps? I would love mine to grow - I know that it's usually the opposite but mine have lost growth and receded a little bit and I'd love to turn that around. Any advice?

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gabe,

Nice looking tank...I recently converted a 75g tank to a reef tank and happy to see this...

I am setting up a 3 channel kaomer dosing pump with fauna marin bailing salts for ca, alk, and mg...

Flatbrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article. I run my 55 almost exactly as you run your reef. Its nice to hear of someone running a successful reef without all the testing that is stressed so much. Great looking tank!!! Simple setup and great results, good job.

eww

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful collection of corals there Gabe. I aspire to have such a great collection as this. Keep up the hard work and way to go on pushing through all those issues and sticking with it.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to start researching reef tanks after seeing yours, awesome

Thank you!

Beautiful tank congrats nice to see someone doing such a good job without the bells and whistle of the must have equipment

Thanks! I do like to keep it simple as possible.

very beautiful tank! congratulations on the spotlight! Kind of an odd question but what do you think contributed to the strong growth of your clove polyps? I would love mine to grow - I know that it's usually the opposite but mine have lost growth and receded a little bit and I'd love to turn that around. Any advice?

Thank you! I had the cloves for a while before the growth exploded. I had them in my tank probably 3 years before they really became a problem. It just snowballed out of control and they were killing all my coral. I didn't do anything special to add to the growth of them.

Beautiful tank! I like how you keep it simple:)

Thank you!

Gabe,

Nice looking tank...I recently converted a 75g tank to a reef tank and happy to see this...

I am setting up a 3 channel kaomer dosing pump with fauna marin bailing salts for ca, alk, and mg...

Thanks! The 75 is a great size. Not too big to handle, not too small to quickly run out of space.

Great article. I run my 55 almost exactly as you run your reef. Its nice to hear of someone running a successful reef without all the testing that is stressed so much. Great looking tank!!! Simple setup and great results, good job.

Thank you! I actually do test often but only for alkalinity these days. I check it probably 3-4 times a week. Calcium about once a week and magnesium maybe once every few months but I've haven't needed to dose mag yet.

Beautiful collection of corals there Gabe. I aspire to have such a great collection as this. Keep up the hard work and way to go on pushing through all those issues and sticking with it.

Thank you! The members here have really helped me keep my tank going during the hard times.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I love the tank! Great background story, love to hear the good with the bad.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I love the tank! Great background story, love to hear the good with the bad.

Thank you!

The bad stories from other members here have helped me so much I hope mine helped someone else.

The members here have saved my tank several times.

citytee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, hope mine gets to be half as nice when it gets older...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back