NEW Dosing Pumps IN STOCK - $119.99!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put mine online last night. Ordered from fish street. This is excellent that reefbreeders has them, much easier experience in warranty and shipping, awesome.

Thanks for the great manual too. That is about 10x easier to understand then the one that comes with the doser.

4 channels for 120 bucks, no longer do I desire to DIY my doser. This is way, way better!

We are excited to announce the arrival of Jebao's new dosing pump, the DP-4. It has 4 dosing heads and a built in controller for only $119.99.

The pumps are in stock and ready to ship, you can order your's here:

Dosing Pumps

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No calibration solution or tubes that I saw. Calibrate per manual though with rodi. Here is mine with 1 day in action

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406064600.054538.jpg

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on the tubing, I think they make a better tubing than airline that does not kink (mine came with my last doser). For sure yes though on RODI for calibration. Or better, I just used what I am dosing to calibrate. Pump the solution right back into the container when priming. Then to calibrate use the same stuff into a measuring cup.

So just use rodi and 1/4" airline tubing?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I think I saw that tubing at lowes the other day :) Yours looks like 1/4" yes?
Thank you so much! I think I'm going to have to get this for an eary BD present for myself ;)

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowsers, gotta be some risk takers out there for this one. I mean, its one thing when your wp wavemaker mysteriously starts acting up or dies on you, quite another story if your doser screws up and doses incorrectly. I forsee a lot of "anyone know why my alk pump got stuck on dumping my whole bottle of Alk supplement" and similar threads popping up.
I tend to agree with your thought process, however the nature of peristaltic dosing pumps does not lead to continued running of the pump, just failure of the pump (meaning pump head dies and you have to replace). Now if the timer failed somehow that's another issue, although there shouldn't be much to a daily repeating timer.

I suspect the heads in this in this unit won't last as long as others on the market based on price alone, however they're coming in at an unbelieveable price point. Will be interesting to see how they perform and hold up over time.

Last edited:

Captain Billy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad some products like this are finally coming down in price, but it's indeed an important piece of equipment, and should the controller fail and get stuck on, could easily kill your tank. I have two Aquamedic twin dosing pumps, one of which is about 6 or 7 years old with no problems, perhaps less expensive units like this will last as well, only time will tell. In most cases though, cheaper isn't better in this hobby. I wouldn't mind trying this, but I would have it connected to my controller and monitored for failure by my pH probe for sure.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting pump. I suggest that with this pump and any doser that you run at least a 3 day test to make sure it's doing the right thing. I bought a cheaper doser and the clock was gaining 10 seconds every minute. That will make it dose more then programmed. Also with the cheaper 3 roller heads, they are prone to popping off and that can lead to a siphon if your containers are higher then the pump. Once again not saying this will happen with this pump but do yourself a favor and run a test cycle.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you program the various pumps for different days? For example, can you program it to dose Ca on Monday at 8 am on pump 1 and then Mag on Tuesday at 8 am on pump 2?

Yes you absolutely can. You program how many days it waits between doses, how many times it doses per day, the time of each dose, as well as how much you dose for each individual pump.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I think I saw that tubing at lowes the other day :) Yours looks like 1/4" yes?
Thank you so much! I think I'm going to have to get this for an eary BD present for myself ;)

Yup, use 1/4" tubing. The doser needs to be calibrated. To do so you need a 100ml beaker and some tap or ro water. It goes over that in our instruction manual.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad some products like this are finally coming down in price, but it's indeed an important piece of equipment, and should the controller fail and get stuck on, could easily kill your tank. I have two Aquamedic twin dosing pumps, one of which is about 6 or 7 years old with no problems, perhaps less expensive units like this will last as well, only time will tell. In most cases though, cheaper isn't better in this hobby. I wouldn't mind trying this, but I would have it connected to my controller and monitored for failure by my pH probe for sure.

They are pretty much the same as the bubble magus, which have been out for years and made in China. We are very confident in Jebaos products, otherwise I can assure you we would not be carrying them.

The controller is fairly simple, so not much to fail, but close monitoring is required for any doser or controller. It is simply good practice to do frequent testing and checking on a reef tank.

danny dbl kick mizelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well ****,,,i bought 2 if these bad boys from fish street cos i did a google search and could only find it on their site........just my luck...i would have darn sure got it from reefbreeders as i got my photon 48 from them and am very happy with it

danny dbl kick mizelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefbreeders rules....i just downloaded the instructions for the jebao doser and it is MUCH MUCH easier to understand than the ones that came with the ones from fish street......

how long ago were they added to your site RB?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
reefbreeders rules....i just downloaded the instructions for the jebao doser and it is MUCH MUCH easier to understand than the ones that came with the ones from fish street......

how long ago were they added to your site RB?

That does it for me! If Danny the Double Kick Mizelle is sold, so am I! :) Good to see you on here, brotha!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back