kalk

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im going to dose kalk by dripping it and I was wondering if it would be alright if I dripped it incredibly slow over night to help the ph swings?

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that works. and is effective... currently I dose kalk Via my top off water thru an ATO and am very happy with it.

+1

I will use this method as long as kalk will support my alk and cal demand. My house is always very steady in temp, so top off doesn't vary much. Alk is exactly the same every time I check it.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im going to dose kalk by dripping it and I was wondering if it would be alright if I dripped it incredibly slow over night to help the ph swings?

Are you seeing pH swings that are worth worrying about? Typical day/night swings on a healthy system aren't worth considering.

I only ask because it's much easier to minimize pH impact of kalk by dosing throughout the day - over 24 hours, vs cramming it all into 8 hours.

Also, if your system's pH is alreay on the lower side, there's probably more than enough dissolved co2 to sustain a slow drip....if it's on the normal or high side, I'd watch pH whil you drip to see how high the peaks are....you might have to mix the kalk with vinegar. (There's a good kalkwasser link that explains this in my post up in the Stickies section.)

-Matt

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back