tropic marin bio actif salt vs Aquavitro salinity salt

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a bucket of bio actif yesterday so I could probably comment in a month or so after a few water changes

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've talked to 2 people yesterday that have been using the new Tropic Marin Bio-Actif for a couple of months and they love it. I just cracked open my first bucket this week, so I can't comment on it yet.

OP
OP
Checkitout

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bought a bucket of the Tropic Marin Bio-Actif salt and will try to post some before and after pictures using the salt, if there is that much of a difference.

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started using Aquavitro salinity salt and have been very happy with it. 1 bucket makes more salt than any other bucket (i.e. AV is rated 225 gallons at 1.025 vs. others that rate their # of gallons based on a lower salinity).
Haven't used Tropic Marin bio activ so I can't offer a comparison.

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was ordering things from marine depot and got a bucket at the same time. Free shipping over $175! I almost ordered more but I figured I'd try one first.

JMAdams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been hearing great things about the TM bio actif. Its about time to buy a new bucket and not sure if I want to go ahead and try that or just stick with my DD H2O.

Mavjoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its about time to buy a new bucket and not sure if I want to go ahead and try that or just stick with my DD H2O

I got the same situation and thinking of trying the Aquavitro brand and it's available local.

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been using the aquavitro for the past month or so. was using tropic marine pro, but the LFS has decided to pick up the Auquavitro from now on. i must say i don't know if i am a fan yet. i mean , my corals look great , but when i do a water change i sort of sense a little stress in the system. i have a hunch that i may be cause i'm doing to much of a water change. been going with 10-15 % weekly on a 90 gal. going to try and push that too every 2 weeks gradually and feel it out. great thread though. i want to here how others feel about this salt as they use it more.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got a chance to pick up a bucket of Aquavitro today and I am mixing 20g of freshly made 0PPM RO/DI water I will run all the basic parameter tests ca,mag,dkh on it tomorrow around this time and post them.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I just noticed as the salt is mixing is that this Aquavitro salt has a real funky smell to it has anybody else noticed this?

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up with the brightwell? I have been thinking of using it on my 240 re build...

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've talked to 2 people yesterday that have been using the new Tropic Marin Bio-Actif for a couple of months and they love it. I just cracked open my first bucket this week, so I can't comment on it yet.

I stopped using the Bio Actif and went back to standard Tropic Marin. I had nothing but bad luck in my system with this variety of salt.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back