Starting Prodibio soon!

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been reading up on Prodibio biodegest, bioptim and reef booster and it doesn't seem that too many reefers are using this method anymore. I have made the plunge and bought 6 month supply of all three and gonna give it a shot and see how my tank responds to it. Are there any downfalls to prodibio products compared to Zeovit or other means of Carbon dosing? After reading that it is a very successful product why are there so few of users out there talking about it?

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using Prodibio after reading about Marc Levenson's success with it. I like it so far. I think one reason why you don't see tons of people using it is cost. MB7 and bio pellets is cheaper, albeit a different approach.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using Prodibio after reading about Marc Levenson's success with it. I like it so far. I think one reason why you don't see tons of people using it is cost. MB7 and bio pellets is cheaper, albeit a different approach.

So how far along are you? Are you or will you be dosing the Prodibio Reef Booster also?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been reading up on Prodibio biodegest, bioptim and reef booster and it doesn't seem that too many reefers are using this method anymore. I have made the plunge and bought 6 month supply of all three and gonna give it a shot and see how my tank responds to it. Are there any downfalls to prodibio products compared to Zeovit or other means of Carbon dosing? After reading that it is a very successful product why are there so few of users out there talking about it?

What do you hope for it to do?

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you hope for it to do?

Well I guess I'm hoping for the product to do as it's advertised, create a ULNS in my tank, then feed the system with Reef Booster after achieving ULNS. Is there something else I should be hoping for it to achieve that I'm overlooking here? Seems like a very easy and less involved approach to carbon dosing and nutrient exportation.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back