nitrogen dosing...???

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonders if people doses aquavitro synthesis(it's a nitrogen source for freshwater plants) for their reef tank..the reason I'm asking it is safe to use in a reef tank to boost up some nitrates..??? Thank you..!!

maxxin69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is safe, although do be care of the dosage because they do include ammonias as part of their mix (urea). I don't personally use it, or have used it, but I have seen threads of success.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would use a different product since it contains forms that may be toxic and that are not tested with a nitrate test. I agree it is probably OK, but a pure nitrate source would be my preference. :)

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using flourish nitrogen at the moment, but i will be ordering some calcium nitrate from Amazon this week, for a pure solution..

OP
OP
V

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Randy..what would you suggest the pure nitrate source products out there I can buy..???

OP
OP
V

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i dose potassium nitrate would it raised my potassium at a same time..??so is it going be safe for my potassium level..??
Now how do I makes the potassium nitrate into solutions..?? Thank you Randy..!!!

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i dose potassium nitrate would it raised my potassium at a same time..??so is it going be safe for my potassium level..??
Now how do I makes the potassium nitrate into solutions..?? Thank you Randy..!!!

Yeah but you would go from like 400ppm K to 402ppm K and that should be consumed in a day. I asked the same question on another board and was essentially told the same thing.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tonizzy22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell makes a nitrate additive neo nitrate for tanks with limited supply. You can also add an ammino acid to you tank it will only add nitate to the water and also benifet your corals.

OP
OP
V

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes Tony..I added aa daily but nitrates nowhere to be found that is why I wanted to add some nitrates and keep it stable and at the same time to control my phos..my phos always .04/06 and trates 0 on top of that I feeds 2 cubes a day..yes I just bought the brightwell neonitro, i should get it this week..hey thanks Tony:yo:

OP
OP
V

VirusAcro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i can get my nitrates 1ppm/2ppm it would be perfect so it reduce the phos too..I know my nutrients is imbalance..:hurt:

Back