Looking for article on how to do a proper water change.

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone trying to help a stubborn friend out..... never listens to me so I figuered if I found a good article that explained how to do a proper water change (I.e. Temp match ph match and so on) he may use the information and stop killing fish everyday (literally everyday)! He has more wrong with his tank other then just the way he changes his water but I feel that it will help him move in the right direction.

Thank you in advanced!
Andrew

OP
OP
Sirreefalot

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he changing the water every day???
not everyday but I think he is doing weekly water changes now. His 150G (which claimed the lives of literally HUNDEREDS of fish) sprung a leak and he decided to upgrade to a used 300G long tank...... Mind = Blown! My estimate of fish he has murdered is literally over 400 and I wouldn't be surprised if that number was a few hundered higher. It honestly saddenes me to see these fish suffering( I know they are just fish but my fish are like my family lol) And nothing I seem to say changes his tank husbandry and care..... If he has a fish die he will run to petco and buy 20 more eventually they will live is the way his mind is set. He gave up on coral a while ago after killing everything. I actually just sent him a huge rant of all the things he does wrong with his tank and not just my option on how it should be done but things that any reefer would say is wrong. Sometimes I just think a taking a bat to his tank to save future deaths of fish. Sent him a few links on things like how to QT and the ich eradication that was posted on FB today. He still hasn't answered lol.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg. That's terrible! How is it even possible?????

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a very un-coachable person. I wouldn't be too convinced that an article would make him listen.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is true, this is why the hobby gets a bad name. Anyone hat thinks fish are throw away pets ruin it for those that see more in their tanks.

Sad

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an article on water changes, but it doesn't address the question of what to match.

The answer to that is a lot more complicated than it might seem, depending on how you actually change the water.

I do it very slowly and automatically and it is not necessary to match anything that way, not salinity, temperature, or anything else. :)

OP
OP
Sirreefalot

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg. That's terrible! How is it even possible?????
it is horrible!! It honestly is so cruel always new fish in his tank and every single one is sick. Not just ich either. Horrible actually confronted him last night after posting this and he got really upset so no more need for articles lol.

OP
OP
Sirreefalot

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a very un-coachable person. I wouldn't be too convinced that an article would make him listen.
completely in coach able he wasn't very pleased with me confronting him last night. Told him not all but a bunch of things he does wrong and became extremely irate. He tried to lie to me again and say "oh I found out why the fish died this time. I think I contaminated the water" and I told him if he wants to lie to his employees and other people that are not in the hobby that's fine but you can't lie to me anymore it has nothing to do with anything but the fact you do nothing right at all. Sorry for the rant but his reply was priceless.

OP
OP
Sirreefalot

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is true, this is why the hobby gets a bad name. Anyone hat thinks fish are throw away pets ruin it for those that see more in their tanks.

Sad
sad sad sad!! It is true and makes me sick! Let's put it this way the majority of his knowledge comes from people working at Petco lol oh and by the way he is banned from buying fish online from petco.

OP
OP
Sirreefalot

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an article on water changes, but it doesn't address the question of what to match.

The answer to that is a lot more complicated than it might seem, depending on how you actually change the water.

I do it very slowly and automatically and it is not necessary to match anything that way, not salinity, temperature, or anything else. :)
appreciate the reply! But I am all finished trying to help him. I still feel bad for every fish that enters his aquarium but he is completely un coachable

OP
OP
Sirreefalot

Sirreefalot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Someone with more "money" than "cents".
****!!!! I also said that to him! I said it's not like your not Spending tons of money anyway why just not do it right? I give up he can do what ever he wants. Wish there was a peta for fish! Lol oh here is a good one! Instead of listening to me that you can't use silicon to seal acrylic and he needs weldon to seal this beautiful 90g sump that came with his 300G DT he used silicon anyway and it leaked! ****! Now he has a 50G AGA with no baffles as his sump! Oh and he added 3 fluval canister filters that he never cleans lol. This guy is amazing he he been killing fish for 2 years now and never takes the blame always blames someone or something else. Horrible.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back