RO water source choices

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always bought my RO from a LFS. I recently tested it for the first time and TDS was 7-10pmm and phosphates was 0.04ppm. I told LFS and they said these numbers weren't a problem. Unless I'm mistaken, this just isn't right. So, if I want pure water, said LFS is no longer an option. Would it be better to use distilled water instead of the LFS RO water until I can get my own RODI unit?

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get your own RO/DI unit. so much more convenient than having to buy...you can make as much as you need whenever you want.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get your own RO/DI unit. so much more convenient than having to buy...you can make as much as you need whenever you want.

You're right. I'm going to soon but until the budget allows, I'll use the distilled. Thanks everyone?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always bought my RO from a LFS. I recently tested it for the first time and TDS was 7-10pmm and phosphates was 0.04ppm. I told LFS and they said these numbers weren't a problem. Unless I'm mistaken, this just isn't right. So, if I want pure water, said LFS is no longer an option. Would it be better to use distilled water instead of the LFS RO water until I can get my own RODI unit?

Those values are not a problem, as I tried to explain earlier. Distilled is probably OK. :)

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those values are not a problem, as I tried to explain earlier. Distilled is probably OK. :)

Yes, I remember. [emoji4]. My concern was more that the LFS says these are acceptable levels for the RO water they sell. I was always under the assumption that RO meant 0ppm, so I was surprised when the LFS told me this. We'll see how the reactor goes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back