red sea coral coloration program

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i been looking at rea sea coloration program .I just been wanting to get colors to pop on my sps . I had a few frags start lose color turn a bit pale . I wanted know if any body has use this product is any good is it easy to use

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not sued it, but I'm not generally a fan of special additives to boost color. I think most color issues relate to nutrient levels in various ways, and can be solved with less expensive methods. :)

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you randy I new to sps I did a ton of research and been trying to figure out why I'm losing color . I mean I have stable parameters
alk 8.4 I test daily
mag 1320
CA 420 I test three times a week
no3 0
Po4 0
You think you can help me out point me in the right direction . I would appreciate it

klondike4001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to look into testing your water for potassium, it's a major contributor to sps coloration. Another thing to consider is a few drops of iodine per week, a lot of people swear by it and it isn't expensive.

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good test kit for that ? They have red sea but I'm hear some bad things on it . I just can't keep my greens and blues pinks At a good color . My yellows and reds are great

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to look into testing your water for potassium, it's a major contributor to sps coloration. Another thing to consider is a few drops of iodine per week, a lot of people swear by it and it isn't expensive.

IMO, iodine is not a useful additive, but I know some people think it is. I dosed it for years and then when I stopped I saw no difference. I also know many others with that result. :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you randy I new to sps I did a ton of research and been trying to figure out why I'm losing color . I mean I have stable parameters
alk 8.4 I test daily
mag 1320
CA 420 I test three times a week
no3 0
Po4 0
You think you can help me out point me in the right direction . I would appreciate it

The corals are pale but not brownish?

Might you have driven nitrate and phosphate too low and they are starving?

What method did you use to get those readings on nitrate and phosphate?

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think they are starving I thing I my n and p are low that's why I been feed the fish and sps a bit more them I do

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to feed your tank. Your nutrient levels are too low in my opinion. I have my best coloration when my PO4 is around .08 and my NO2 is around 10. KH I keep at 9 and my CA at 460.

Cole

whixley101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed your fish more is the best solution in my opinion. Adding in a bunch of "coral food" will make too drastic of a change.

Cole

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed corals twice a week and fish Once a a day just a pinch of meats and flakes . It's a 20 gal12 inch all around frag tank . I run a 4 bulb t5s with ATI bulbs 2 b+ 1 c+ and 1 purple + they run 8 hours a day

coralcrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would cut back on feeding and see if that helps. I feed my fish every 2-3 days and don't feed coral at all.

coralcrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could have an excess of other organic and inorganic material in the food that isn't testable.

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I see welL I'm just letting things be I know if I make fast changes I will end up kill things and I don't wanna do that . I'll cut back feeding and see what happens . Thank you for he help

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He randy so if I keep parameters stable and keep po4 And no3 at a good level . Would the color up ?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back