SOS Diablo DC 5500 pump controller is dying

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please help. I purchased Diablo DCS 300 in May 2013 from Saltysupply. it worked great till last week. Since then the skimmate started to decrease and everything started to look bad. After lot of trobleshooting (usual maintenance - airline, pump...), I found the root cause...the pump controller of the Diablo DCS 300 (the pump is 5500 model) is not producing enough DC power. I checked this with killawatt meter as well. It is only consuming 0.16 Amp at fullpower...please help. As I understand this is still under 2 year warranty.

I have heard good things about support and hoping to experience one. I have opened a ticket thru your site as well.

Sam.

OP
OP
SamsReef

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
found out. it is the power adaptor. for now, i am using my jebao wp40 power adaptor and it back to normal but would need a genuine adaptor. very proud of my troubleshooting skills :)

Sam

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry SamsReef for the lack of response. I don't filter through these forums as much as I should. I am glad you submitted a ticket to our support portal.

Mikeg1983

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear they have you up and running. My pump went out also and they don't have parts in stock told me will be a couple weeks to get parts. :-(

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back