• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Radiance Troubles...

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Reefle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm a new user on here and I know people are going to think I'm just a hater. But I am posting on here, because it seems this is where Rick goes to the most so maybe I can get a response.

A little background, I did purchase a lumentek 240 from RR in November and recieved it about 5 weeks later, longer than the anticiapted 3 weeks but it was the holiday season so I understood and yes I was happy with the light.

This time around, I purchased a lumentek 240 on June 11 and knew there was a standard waiting time of 3 weeks. I heard about the APEX upgrade and immidietely purchased that upgrade. Again I knew there was an additional waiting time of 7-10 days.

That should put me at recieving the light the 14th or 15th of July right? I have called several times to confirm when I would get the light after the 15th and 4 times I was told the light would be shipped within a couple days.

I just recieved a voicemail last friday confirming a final shipping day of Tuesday this week. It's now Friday, August 1st and no tracking number, no returned calls, no emails.

It's frustrating because for the past 2.5 weeks I have been moving my only lumentek 240 around my 6 foot tank everyday so all the corals will get their fair share of light. (I was borrowing a friends light for 5 weeks knowing how long it took to ship one of these).

It also sucks cause I tried to help RR by calling Neptune when they first rolled out the APEX ready upgrade to confirm compatibility with different modules and settings. I then reported to Rick what I learned in the hopes it would help them with their product.

Either way, I'm not a happy camper because 7.5 weeks (and counting) is just too long of a wait if you're going to state the lights get shipped in half that time on your website. even more so frustrating when you keep getting false promises.I hope I get a response soon.

Sorry again for this post, and I AM a reef radiance customer and I DO LOVE my lumentek 240 (very well built product and would definitely buy over and over), but I can't seem to get a solid reponse any other way.

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefle,

Since I dont know who you are - I cannot possibly know how to respond. I am glad you love your 240 and am glad you are a Reef Radiance customer but frankly - reading your accounting above makes me dubious as I work in the office every day and frankly - whomever you are - you paint a very inaccurate picture of how we deal with any customer. In any case - you have my attention - not because of your post but because any customer who has any issue at all has my attention.

I would suggest that you call the office - tomorrow after noon pacific and share who you are and whatever you are dealing with will be resolved in a timely manner.

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefle,

I had my office manager check our entire customer base and we have no transactions like you describe. Also - you joined and made one post and have not responded to my post - now have you posted any where else. This is really strange to me. If you are a real customer and have an issue - call me like I suggested and we will resolved whatever you are dealing with - but I have no idea who you are at all and cannot help you unless you tell me.

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Reefle,

Is your name David Zheng? I did some sleuthing and this is the only person you could be. If so - what are you up to? I called you last Friday at and we spoke for 7 minutes and agreed to talk again today. Interesting that you did not post that. Remember - we agreed to talk to today - Monday? Or is there some other reason you posted this? And your story of calls and emails is not even close to accurate. Sorry if I seem annoyed - but you let this nonsense sit there all weekend and never mentioned that you and I spoke Friday and were going to talk today - which might have been a good thing to post. Nor have you called me today as I requested - or contacted me at all......

Rick

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And - you told me last Friday that you were not concerned about the time it took to finish your upgrade - you just wanted to make sure we stayed in touch - hence the planned call today.

Rick

OP
OP
R

Reefle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick,

this post was made well before I called and I have not checked the site until today.

I remembered we agreed that you would give me an email/call update today.

please call me as soon as possible.

OP
OP
R

Reefle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had made this post in the morning because I was irked and frustrated with work at the same time.

I contacted him again at 4:30pm that same day. I had forgotten about the post by then, and hopefully after this is all said and done I will be able to give positive feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really,

You were irked and frustrated with your job and you decided to put a very incorrect and negative post about my business on our main website and let it sit there knowing you and I spoke the day you posted it? Wow. This is my business and I take tremendous pride in our products and customer service - which is why I personally post here - not anyone that works for me. How many founders deal one-on-one with their customers each and every day?

I pride myself on taking the high road when I run into customers like you - so I will in this case.

I see you called last night and I will call you today and we will get you taken care of.

Rick

OP
OP
R

Reefle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update. called and was told it would be shipping tomorrow with the tracking number coming on Friday.

OP
OP
R

Reefle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last update.

received my LED packaged well just like my first lumentek.

Works really well and I am just happy I got everything. Definitely worth the wait!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back