ATTN Vendors: First Fargo, ND Frag Swap hosted by Red River Valley Reefers!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The final steps are in processing to finalize the event center for the first frag swap to hit the Fargo, ND area! The reef and saltwater hobby has been growing quickly in this area and we figured as a club it was about time we had a swap in town. Details and a picture of the available space is coming. Here are the details that I know of right now:

- Proposed date is January 12th 2013
- Approximately 18 8 foot tables fit in the space (1,800 Square Feet)
- Vendor spacing will be FREE with the request (not requirement) to make a small donation to the raffle
- Spaces will be reserved in 4 foot sections, but a vendor can have more space if they would like to
- 4 available flat screen TVs to play different videos in the event center controlled by a central computer
- Heavy duty tables available if needed for larger and heavier setups

I would like to make this event a hit and hopefully look at an annual swap in this area. I would love it if we could bring in some of the awesome vendors who sponsor Reef2Reef and post all these wonderful corals and equipment. If you are interested in being a part of the flagship Frag Swap in Fargo, ND please let me know and I will contact you with more details as we get them worked out.

Did I mention the space for vendors will be FREE???

Please contact me through Reef2Reef.com, RedRiverValleyReefers.com, or email me at cdness_gmail_com if you are interested in more details.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats!!

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Winter is the best time! During the summer everyone is at the lake. During the fall everyone is closing up cabins and trying to make the best of the last bit of nice weather. Spring time is full of unpredictable flooding. Those are the times when for many people in the hobby, their tanks are not the focus of their attention. What better time than right after the holidays when people have some Christmas cash to spend on reefing goods and corals!

Also it seems like there isn't too much else going on this time of year in the hobby so it is a great month for scheduling. People are ampped up about their tanks and want to get some stuff added and equipment purchased.

FYI all vendor types are welcome from livestock to dry goods. There will also be advertising perks for donations to the raffle even if you as a vendor are unable to attend the swap itself! Stay tuned for more information.

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a table space drawing up soon to show the available spaces and the general layout. This is going to be great!

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking to fill some spaces! All vendors are welcome. I'll be allowing vendors to pick the spot they would like in the venue once the map has been drawn up. Stay tuned for more information but if interested, feel free to contact me right away to get your name on the list!

Thanks!
Curtis Ness

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

Vendor spaces are starting to fill up! I have 5 vendors signed up for sure and 4 vendors willing to sponsor the event via donations of products. The layout of the venue has changed a few times to accommodate other setups but there are still spaces left. If you are interested, please contact me and I will send you more information regarding vendor spaces as well as sponsorship opportunities.

Thanks!
Curtis Ness

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

More sponsorships are rolling in for the Fargo Frag Swap 2013! Lots of big names in the hobby are jumping on board with this event.

I am still looking for additional vendors to fill up our vendor space. I am going to start taking hobbyist coral and livestock sellers as well. If you are a business or hobbyist and would like to be involved, please get in touch with me and I will gladly send you more information regarding the event.

Did I mention it is 100% FREE? No cost to vendors and no cost to attendees. It is a 100% FREE event to sell and to attend. It's hard to argue with FREE vendor space, especially in an under-served market where the hobby is growing exponentially.

Thanks!
Curtis Ness

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone who has replied on this one. We have a full array of vendors and sponsors. Check out the below info!

Fargo Frag Swap is now on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/FargoFragSwap

Here is the official flier as well:

FragSwapFlierv5.jpg

Please help me generate some buzz by liking our page.

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another new flier. Edited for the new vendors added to the list:

FragSwapFlierv6_zps3af72f44.jpg

A PDF is available by request if you would like to print some out at a higher resolution.

The date is coming up quick. Be sure to check out the Facebook page and like the posts. Share them as well to help spread the news of the event.

Thank you to all vendors, supporters and those willing to help spread the word of the event!

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 3 days to go! Who is looking forward to the awesome corals, fish, and equipment coming to the Fargo Frag Swap 2013?

The goodie bags are packed and the raffle tickets are ready to roll. We will be giving away lots of stuff at the event! Remember to take advantage of receipt rewards. Anything purchased from one of our sponsors or any product identifiable as from one of our sponsors counts. For every $50 spent you get another raffle ticket. This counts the amount spent at the swap itself

Quick vendor update:
Reef LED Lights - They were unable to make the swap this year but it sounds like they are able to make 2014.
Sertoma Butterfly House and Purdy Reef Cove - Due to an emergency situation they had to downsize their involvement a bit. They will not be bringing corals to the event, but they will be bringing information about their organization as well as free passes to be raffled off at the event!

OP
OP
cdness

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fargo Frag Swap made the front page of the Variety section of the Fargo Forum newspaper! Sam Benshoof, a reporter from The Forum called and chatted with me about the hobby and the event yesterday. I have a few copies coming if anyone is interested in a copy of the paper. Otherwise it is on news shelves all over town today!

Check out the article online at:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/386003/publisher_ID/1/

The FMExtra article can be seen at the following link as well. This was pretty much word for word the press release I sent over there at the middle of December:

The Fm Extra » Local Reef Club Hosts

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back