Feed your seahorse all day with a $2.49 prop without stopping your pumps

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube;nk7oX0LAetE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk7oX0LAetE&index=13&list=PLk_Pw-jAYdFfzK1jNhN7rAilGwHaEzvH5[/video]

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool! Did I understand right that 1 cube last all day long?

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Did I understand right that 1 cube last all day long?

No , lol i put a cube at a time so their's no spoilage but they go through sometimes several. It depends, some time they like the chase of live pods you see so rather than put too much its better to put small amount, and add, when needed. Other wise the water diludes the scent ,and even if their's food there they don't smell it anymore. I've learned that by over feeding it.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched several of your YouTube video. I had seen your refugium/seahorse tank before but had never seen the big Starfire coral display tank. Very nice. I love the Elegance coral. I have 2 CB seahorses and 2 CB banded pipe fish coming Oct 2nd and I am very excited. My system although not as beautiful and elaborate is similar to yours in that my seahorse DT/fuge is connected to my LPS tank. Mine system is only 65g total though.

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched several of your YouTube video. I had seen your refugium/seahorse tank before but had never seen the big Starfire coral display tank. Very nice. I love the Elegance coral. I have 2 CB seahorses and 2 CB banded pipe fish coming Oct 2nd and I am very excited. My system although not as beautiful and elaborate is similar to yours in that my seahorse DT/fuge is connected to my LPS tank. Mine system is only 65g total though.

Well size is not really the matter as long as you enjoy it and manage it well thats the goal right and above all to have fun and like to see whats going on in it. Some times the fish becomes secondary its the inverts that steals the show lol.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well size is not really the matter as long as you enjoy it and manage it well thats the goal right and above all to have fun and like to see whats going on in it. Some times the fish becomes secondary its the inverts that steals the show lol.

You are so right. I actually downsized to the 36g bowfront from a 90g because caring for my mother in law became a priority as her health declined. I decided to take decisive action before my animals began to suffer and it was the best decision for me and my animals. I love my tanks and they are the perfect size for this season of my life. And yes I love my inverts too!

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad this works - it's a great solution. How many fish are in that same tank? I'd assume they would eventually figure it out and get in on the fun.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing!! :)

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad this works - it's a great solution. How many fish are in that same tank? I'd assume they would eventually figure it out and get in on the fun.

I don't have any fish other than a dwarf lionfish with them and he's too small to be of any concern. Plus he's a mysis and pods eater. Never took any other foods. So no competions with my 4 seahorses in that 75G . On the other side of the fence their's a frogfish and 2 wrasses. The wrasses are too quick for the frogfish. That's basically the inhabitants and oh yes my seahare that does both side and trim the algaes for me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back