My pipefish finally takes frozen and pellets!

Chef.ryan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my blue-stripe pipefish to eat tiny clownfish pellets. It started eating the frozen mysis that the seahorses didn't catch on its own. I noticed it sampling the little pieces that float by so I tried "spot feeding" her. Now she comes to the to with the rest of the community to beg for food. ( Midas Benny, 2 clowns, large angel, Pygmy angel, neon dottyback, 2 ruby head wrasses, and a trio of zebra dart fish)
I try to feed pellets first to fill them up so the seahorses have a better chance at mysis but I noticed the pipefish would sample the pellets and then recently kept them down! It's been 4 days now and in spite of plenty of pods to eat, it is still eating pellets!
image.jpg

Tom@HaslettMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my blue-stripe pipefish to eat tiny clownfish pellets. It started eating the frozen mysis that the seahorses didn't catch on its own. I noticed it sampling the little pieces that float by so I tried "spot feeding" her. Now she comes to the to with the rest of the community to beg for food. ( Midas Benny, 2 clowns, large angel, Pygmy angel, neon dottyback, 2 ruby head wrasses, and a trio of zebra dart fish)
I try to feed pellets first to fill them up so the seahorses have a better chance at mysis but I noticed the pipefish would sample the pellets and then recently kept them down! It's been 4 days now and in spite of plenty of pods to eat, it is still eating pellets!
image.jpg
H

Congratulations! That is so cool. What type of pellets is she eating?

Tom

_divad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the blue stripe eating prepared foods! Very very cool!

Nice macro algae too!. I love Botryocladia (grape alage)!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome and congrats!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I am equally excited, my moorish idol I bought on divers den ate everything I put in front of him within twenty minutes of addition! In cupramine I might add!
image.jpg

Go us!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome for both of you. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back